Ok, off the deep end - who's with me?! Tesla Cybertruck

Tesla’s Cybertruck
Referral Linkage

Ok, well… I had thought a Model 3 as it was good enough. But you know, when old men retire, it’s usually their old beater trucks that define their road presence and lifestyle. So here’s Musk showing off this bizarre Hot Wheels offering and it’s less (today) than the others and about what a used Tesla would be… and into production sometime 2021. That is just about where I was thinking it would be really good to have a dependable, durable, capable, and some level better than today’s self-driving services vehicle to be sure I can get to all those places one has to go. You know, out into the desert to shoot in peace… National forests? Wildlife hunting reserves?

Seriously though check this thing out. It’s butt ugly; but so am I! And if it does better than 50% of what’s claimed in a single drive configuration? Jus’dang! If you do like what you see, use my Referral Linkage to get 1k of Supercharging when you buy yours.

Anyway, like everything else: bring on the admiration, derision, fashionistas welcome!

2 Likes

Lol

5 Likes

I don’t see any place for dog boxes, so it is not for me. As long as someone is offering a Cummins in their trucks I will stick with that.

2 Likes

I’m not knocking the technology, but, I’d still rather have 8 cylinders running on dead dinosaurs. And, I want all 8, all the time. No Active Fuel Management garbage. Last, no stop light shut off. Yup, I’m in the market for a Nissan Titan in the near future.

5 Likes

I love my 2012 Nissan Titan crew cab 4X4.

3 Likes

Thanks, Lacy, see your point.
On the other hand, I’ll be able to barely outlive the shame :hear_no_evil:
… and now I know why I didn’t find me a white cat back then… with all the meme time he’s getting I couldn’t keep him in the style he’s grown accustomed to!

On the other hand… once they fix the 'bulletproof glass I’ll have a good safe solid backstop for wherever I wanna go shoot. The best part is, I’ll be able to pass out from boredom on my way to the Doctors or Grocery store and know I’ll still get there! And, if you didn’t see the YouTube Cybertruck Interior views . I could live with that no matter what it looked like.

As toward the gas and V8 power… I’ve done Duramax and Suburbans, currently have a Chevy LS-6 in a Cadi sedan… I’d prefer to have someone install solar panel ceramic tiles as my roof and have 3 power walls installed to run the house and fast charge the truck. I’d have no problem at all leaving that as part of my legacy instead of my gas sipper.

1 Like

See now @CHRIS4 that’s a look I can fully appreciate - it’s kind of like a Ground-F117 Nighthawk, all pointy angles and things:

I’m with @45IPAC on the driving all 8 on dead dinosaurs thing though. Not sure I can put a 1500 lb bale of hay in the back of that thing. And I doubt that the self-driving feature is gonna help me get that bale up my dirt road and out on the pasture… :thinking:

Probably just going to stick with my '93 F350 Dually. :+1: :woman_farmer:

4 Likes

Ah Zee, I can tell you haven’t seen the floor show near the end. That rig had an extending ramp in the tail gate that was good enough to drive a 4 wheeler with rider up - no flex! I don’t see any problem getting this thing dirty on a work site. Towed weights are pretty good numbers too.

The 117 is pretty good for old school :slight_smile: I was bitten by the RAH-66 Commanche way back when it was still funded. I just love rotary-wing craft more.

1 Like

@CHRIS4 I dunno… that 1500 lb bale is not just heavy, its pretty big :wink:

What I want to know is did you plunk down the $100 to reserve yours? :grin:

Yeah, but when the EMP goes off won’t it blow up like a power transformer? :wink:

2 Likes

:100: :alarm_clock: :smiley_cat:

@JamesR Good point…, I guess I’m going to have to build a Faraday cage in the garage… just in case.

3 Likes

Ok…that has some really cool possibilities…I’m back in! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I deactivated the AFM on my 07 suburban, thing runs like a champ, doesn’t burn oil anymore or foul plugs anymore as it runs full 8 cylinder mode vs 4 cylinder mode.

1 Like

@CHRIS4 that cat is a bit boujee lol.

I wouldn’t quite call it bulletproof glass yet. Especially if they have to fix it. The problem why it broke isn’t because of the strength of the glass. It’s because it’s fixed and ridged when installed in the vehicle. When they were only dropping the steel ball on it the panel was able to flex and bounce. In the vehicle it can’t do that which is why the thing broke.

Dont get me wrong the idea of what he was trying to accomplish is cool. The thing is just plain fugly. If Elon came out with something more like this I could have been on board.

2 Likes

If I was buying an older truck, sure. Now, they’ve made it almost fool proof for tampering with the computer, and using it to void the warranty. I’ve been a diehard GM guy for years. My 05 Sierra has been the best truck I’ve ever owned. I’ve driven several newer trucks, and the the newer Titans are what will suit me the most. If I needed a 3/4 ton or heavier, it would be a GMC.

3 Likes

In not getting in any vehicle with so-called “self driving” technology. They can’t even come up with a seat belt that works right every time!

Besides, if the car is smart enough to drive, it’s smart enough to get depressed and run full speed into a bridge abutment. I’m not going to end up as collateral damage just because my truck was teased in GrillBook for being ugly.

2 Likes

Lol! Wait until they take on the mood of their owners.

1 Like

Isn’t that the point? You get to a point in your life where you know you’ve got some form of senior dementia, you no longer enjoy going around the world in your car - and your car (Marvin!) Knows It! Voila, a few well considered questions to know it’s owner settled all the accounts they wanted before they left - or recognize said owner can’t answer those questions anymore… Boom, splash, flash! Done! Just scrape the truck off the beach 1000 feet below the road, bury it; we’re gud!

1 Like

I present, exhibit A as to why self driving cars are bad

2 Likes

Hello Christine… hows your mood today? :grimacing:

2 Likes