Ohio has a problem with people of the faith

Starting to see an uprising of people trying to shoot up churches.

According to Ohio Revised Code Section 2923.16 B 6

A valid concealed handgun license does not authorize the licensee to carry a concealed handgun in any manner prohibited under division (B) of section 2923.12 of the Revised Code or in any manner prohibited under section 2923.16of the Revised Code. A valid license does not authorize the licensee to carry a concealed handgun into any of the following places: Any church, synagogue, mosque, or other place of worship, unless the church, synagogue, mosque, or other place of worship posts or permits otherwise

According to Buckeye Firearms it could be a misdemeanor or felony to do so, the law isn’t clear on that.

I go to my local community church on sundays as I have recently found my faith and have also experienced the Holy Spirit and heard it.

I would love to bring my gun to church, but instead I leave it at home and bring my trauma kit.

10 Likes

@Forensic_Wow Sad, sad, sad, but this is the reality that is becoming to be across the country. One thing when this makes news, we never hear what the real reasoning is as to why these perps do these things, what drives them to do what they do, what kind of lifestyle were they brought up in. This is not average normal behavior. And it’s always a guy in a black hoody carrying a rifle! A poor, dead giveaway, and grungy choice of attire. What a scumbag! Seriously!

5 Likes

Congrats on finding your faith.

4 Likes

Ronald, at the risk of sounding non-inclusive, there are a lot of “not normal average” that some folks are trying to sell to us as new normal past 10 years. Some of this “normalcy” correlated with writing scary manifestos and attacking schools and Houses of Worship.
Gotta profile ill people. Gotta watch the behavior, when needed, confine them to an institution and prison.

5 Likes

Hey, I happen to have a black hoody. Two of them.

2 Likes

@Forensic_Wow My state offers an enhancement on ur conceal carry and you are able to carry in any church in the state of Arkansas. The basic carry you can only carry in the church u are a member of. Also with the permission of the pastor. New an issue in Arkansas.

We also have church active shooter drill classes. We offer to anyone who has a conceal carry.

2 Likes

I had not heard about the incident from yesterday. Thanks for sharing. I had a conversation yesterday with someone from our church who wondered about carrying at church. He lives out of state and does not have our state’s permit, so he can’t legally carry anyway.

2 Likes

Assault hoodie. Nobody needs an assault hoodie.

2 Likes

Unless there are metal detectors, carry anyway. Hence the definition of CONCEALED. No one will ever know you have it unless you have to use it. Go to your pastor to get permission. My pastor carries and encourages us to carry as well.

3 Likes

You mean, California is better than Ohio in that regard? :flushed:

2 Likes

@Marion.J :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:Coming to think of it, looking into my closet, I too, have a black hoody, and two blue ones. :rofl:

And Pray that your not the one getting shot !!

I attend a little country church in the South and at least half the men, and some of the women, including the pastor, are armed. Not to mention the police officer who is a member and open carries even though he is off-duty. It would be a really bad day for anyone who decided to try and shoot up our church.

1 Like

Churches do need to take this seriously. Thank God Florida doesn’t stupidly restrict carry in church. This is one of the stupidest, most dangerous restrictions too many states place on CCW holders. I just don’t understand it, given the high threat level and society today, but, again, anti-2A laws aren’t really about keeping anyone safe. They’re about control. Personally, I also believe the restriction is unconstitutional even by the most restrictive interpretation of the constitution because churches are private property, collectively owned by the parishioners, and the Supreme Court has held that people can keep and bear arms on their own property. Someone needs to challenge this in court.

The last church I regularly attended would lock every door except the main front door about 5 minutes before the service started, and we had a professional, armed guard at the front door until after everyone was out and gone. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one inside who was armed as well.

Of course not . Well either are 2A laws. Either way one needs a gun.