Preachers who carry

Are you a preacher or pastor, etc.? How do you conceal carry on a Sunday? At service? Do you wear a jacket and carry OWB? Do not wear a jacket and carry appendix or IWB? Or does your congregation not appreciate the pastor carrying?

13 Likes

My Sunday clothes.

14 Likes

My pastor has stated that he carries and we have multiple members who carry with several of those on our security team.

@KillJoy nice outfit!!

11 Likes

There’s a YouTube channel called God, Family and Guns. This man is a pastor or former pastor and he enjoys going to the range and he conceal carries. https://youtube.com/c/Godfamilyandguns

8 Likes

9 Likes

I was ordained 20+ years ago in Chicago but then it was illegal to carry there at the time. Now that I am in Tennessee I go no place without my buddy on me.

17 Likes

I see the collar now.

6 Likes

Deacons count for this question?
If so, this is when “dressed up.”

I have a tuckable holster. Shirt tucks between the kydex, and the metal clip. I can carry my 45, and only the extremely trained and observant fellow CCW types will even suspect I might be carrying.

8 Likes

I have one guy call it a dog collar when I disagreed with him. Lol

2 Likes

This veers from the OP, but I gotta get in this.
In Ohio, it is up to the leader of the church whether the congregants/parishioners are given permission to carry.
My archdiocese says no, so my priest can not give me permission to carry. However, if I choose to contravene certain regulations, I am very confident they know and I won’t be searched at the door, which is precisely one reason I think we need to carry at church - no metal detectors or armed security = sitting ducks trying to practice their religion.
So, Ohio law ticks me off tremendously in this area, as does our Bishop.
Maybe I would carry anyway knowing I’ll not be searched, maybe I will not. We will never know unless some crazy shooter enters the building now will we? It would be at that point when I would either be running, or gunning. Hmmm. Seems state law needs modified a bit more. And I’ve written to the state legislators lots FTR. No replies from any of them. No cajones is my best guess on that one…

6 Likes

Thank you for this. I watched the introductory video and it was quite interesting, I will certainly subscribe.

6 Likes

Great movie. Loved it.

6 Likes

Looking good. Pretty concealed. I am the minister at our church. We are pretty casual. I typically wear a button down shirt untucked.

8 Likes

This was for my ordination as a deacon. I don’t dress like that often. But when I do, my friends Smith and Wesson are along for the ride.

8 Likes

images

The Patriot Quote Sometimes as shepherd…must fight wolves - YouTube

…worth pointing out that Rene Auberjonois, who played Rev. Oliver in “The Patriot,” was also a regular cast member on a Star Trek series, and he was on the original “Command & Conquer” game. I may never be able to watch “The Patriot” the same way, again.

OMG, he was a Smurf, too!!! The internet is an awful place.

9 Likes

I am not a preacher, but I go church carry with a shoulder system from Galco and it is concealed.

7 Likes

My wife is what we call a collar popper. She redirected me from the priesthood to marriage.

8 Likes

I was a seminarian. I went through the prerequisite training for the diaconate. I decided to drop out due to my PTSD level.

6 Likes

@KillJoy brother you really missed your calling

5 Likes

Some are called, some don’t listen & some should not listen.

7 Likes