October drill of the Month 2023

I have not done drills for a while but this one is one I have been practicing for a while and I like the results.
It is a simple drawing your weapon drill.
From your carry position

1. grasp your grips with a firm grip.
  2. Draw gun from holster.
  3. Move from low ready to high ready.
  4. Extend arms to shooting position.

First you do this slow and steady and build up your speed doing this ten times.

Then set a timer and see how fast you can do this safely.
A second in a half? The set the timer for one second and practice till you can beat your time.

The long-term goal is a .5 second draw on a consistent basis.
Do you need a video of this?

Getting Reps. #train - YouTube

How To Get A Sub-Second Draw With World and National Champion Shooter JJ Racaza - YouTube

How to quickly draw out of a tactical holster with world record shooter, Jerry Miculek (60FPS) - YouTube

Either way, work your proficiency up slowly and make your draws become natural and accurate. Accuracy is the key to successful draw.

THIS Is How Fast Your Draw Speed Should Be… - YouTube

5 Point Draw Drill With 360 Degree: Tactical Tuesday - YouTube

LEARN THIS: Immortal Words on Winning Gunfights from a Legend Wyatt Earp - YouTube

Be safe and practice, practice, practice and train.

5 Likes

@Todd30

Are these :point_down: just steps of draw process?

And ,does the goal of .5 sec is for the whole process? Seems to be impossible for most of people… :thinking:

2 Likes

Great video. I love watching Tactical Hive as well.

1 Like

It would be nice to get to .5 seconds myself but as long as I can continue to train and get to 1 second draw it would be cool. .5 seconds is a goal to push to and may be unrealistic but if you can improve from 3 seconds to 2 seconds then you have achieved improvement and that is what this is all about, just improving.

3 Likes

Is five seconds a bit longer than you have to still be alive :question: 8, seconds and you can be A world champion bull rider :question::us::owl::feather::feather::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::us::chile::o:

That’s more like it speed kills beat the bad guys Train train train I practice with my six guns and I think I AM fast I AM getting a timer to see if I AM just a legend in my own mind but I’m fast so I think I will see if I can shoot the timer before it goes off in two seconds :question:

1 Like

great idea, also “dry fire” after you draw. Then also, put a dime on your front sight and see if you can dry fire and keep the dime on that sight!

2 Likes

I use an empty 9mm casing

2 Likes

Then I would be.SO BROKE I COULD NOT EVEN SEE THE TARGET :bangbang::owl::feather::feather::us::chile::100:Bobby Jean

3 Likes

I am still at 5 seconds and I’m aiming at 20 feet and that’s as fast as I can hit the ten ENCH target in five seconds that is my fastest so far slow I know I am working on it

2 Likes

Keep up the good work and keep training!

1 Like

5 seconds is almost like 0.5😉
And zero means nothing, so you’re good. :upside_down_face:

Keep practicing. Draw fast, shoot slow. Don’t worry about time so much. Be comfortable, consistent and accurate. Speed will come later…

4 Likes

jerzees thanks I have been dry firing with a dime. On the end of my edc!!! And see how many times I can fire before the dime falls off!!! And I have gotten up to about ten times before it falls off !! I might try using a nickel??? But I’m trying!! I can hit two enches with in a ten ENCH target of ten times out of twenty!!!what I am trying to say is I suck. And my little doggies are fighting over me so I can’t even write my messages Love Bobby Jean an Debbie ann :us::chile::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::v:t5::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@BobbyJean ,
Shooting ten times before dime falls off is great. You won’t need to shoot 10 times in single string of fire in defensive situation.

2" target is very small, so hitting this make sense only if you do this fast from short distance or slowly from long distance. It’s a balance between speed and accuracy. Hitting it with 50% rate can be good or bad… depending on the distance.

So you may or not suck… especially when your “bystanders” are playing around. That actually might a great training having dogs jumping around. This is what you will expect from the crowd in the mall.

4 Likes

Yeper I have lots of distractions and I’m just trying to focus on keeping my edc steady and at 20 yards hit the target two inches in side of the ten ENCH target. And that’s the best so far out of 18, rounds I can get 11/12/13/.!!!in the two inche of the ten ENCH target. An the other rounds are 3/4/5 inches out from the bullseye :dart: so at 20 yards just over half of my magazine. I can stay with in two ENCHS So I just have to keep trying and after five rounds the dime falls off my edc with live rounds!! Still trying brother thanks love Bobby Jean and Debbie ann five seconds per round!!! My best :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::chile::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::v:t5::sunflower::beer::popcorn::bangbang:

2 Likes

Jerzees I have a funny I bought a m4 and I got it yesterday and it’s a covershon kit for my 10/22. M.4. Ark ANGEL. Kit that makes my 10/22. An M.4,!!! But it has 25 round magazines and fifty round and ten round magazines in the box and a super plastic kind of knife that goes on the end!! It’s definitely not what I thought!!! But it’s light weight and very durable and has a telescope but an it LOOKS LIKE A MEAN MESHEAN IT KIND A LOOKS LIKE A TOY WITH THE KAVALAR KNIFE ON BUT ITS SO KOOL AND IT WAS FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS AND THE FIFTH ROUND MAGAZINE WAS 80 dollars and the 25 round magazine was 50. Dollars and the ten round magazine was the same as the original ruger 10/22 RIFLE SO ITS ALL RUGER. And life time warranty and it takes 22. Ammunition so I have to buy all the sights and stuff it costs more than a AR,15 after all that I have had to buy but I’m thankful I thought I had a real m,4. No it’s a 10,22 ark Angel kit Bankett in clued Ed so kool now I am like Rambo no blue shirt . Just black o it’s black . And they have all kinds of stuff for it and it’s got hidden compartments two of them ALSOME brother Love Bobby Jean and Debbie ann . :partying_face::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::chile::us::v:t5::popcorn::beer::sunflower::owl::feather::feather::face_with_peeking_eye::dizzy:

2 Likes

Cannot discuss rifles… My Governor is watching… :joy:

3 Likes

Show him your FOID card. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m so scared to do so… he may want to take it from me… :joy:

2 Likes