Obstacles For Carry Permit

I purchased my first Gun - I currently live in Delaware - Why would they make it so difficult to obtain a carry permit makes no sense - and very discouraging -

5 Likes

^^^^^
think you answered your own question. Make the barrier to entry as high as possible to discourage as many as possible.

6 Likes

lol I guess I did :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They don’t like the idea of an independent citizen. Those in power, need a reason to maintain the power. Our reliance on them, creates a reason.

5 Likes

@DavidM58, what was difficult to obtain a carry permit?

2 Likes
  1. Arrange with a Newspaper of General Circulation in Your County
    [Newspaper selection must have a circulation of at least 35% of the population in your zip code.] (Does anyone read the paper anymore I live in a very small town -

Have the reference questionnaire completed by five (5) citizens from the County in which you reside.
 The citizen cannot be related or reside at the sameaddress as the applicant.
 The citizen must know the applicant for a period of no less than one (1) year. ( I am new to the area dont know 5 people well enough to ask them to do this)

the rest in pretty standard I guess
(45 Days Background/ Fingerprint check prior to application) Not a problem Just time consuming

Getting a notarized Application not a problem (Just time consuming)

Passport Photos not a problem Again just time consuming the application references different locations to get this done

Maybe i am just being a baby -

My biggest obstacles I dont know anyone here that I would ask to fill out a reference form so thats a problem -

4 Likes

So, they want permit holders to subsidize generally anti-2A MSM rags. And they want to dox you to the neighbors. This is crazy…

7 Likes

:astonished: :thinking:
upss… that’s weird… I didn’t realize such stupid things could exist…

1 Like

Delaware is an open carry state.

1 Like

@DavidM58… at least 5 people know to not mess with you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is nuts… and I say that as a resident of IL.

4 Likes

Yeap, We Residents of IL are lucky… only 72 hr of hard time :tropical_drink:

2 Likes

Join a gun club, you now have 5 new friends for references in 1 year. Another option would be to have references where you came from. Do you have a residency time limit?

I had a similar issue here in MT as I don’t have 5 friends, let alone ones I have known for 5 years and are residents of the State.

The newspaper thing is from a time when people actually got the thing delivered. That really is a deterrent sort of thing.

Best idea, move to a better State :smiley:

2 Likes

@DavidM58

It took me 30 minutes to get my concealed carry license and that was more due to my stupidity. Wife got hers in 15 minutes.

I’ve never hear of anything like that, for a concealed carry permit. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Now that’s what I am talking about what state ?

1 Like

Alabama, where 22% of the population CC.

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:
I’ve just discovered something interesting…

Alaska has the highest gun ownership rate in the country at 61.7 percent.

but I’m not gonna move there…

3 Likes

Lmao me neither

2 Likes

Nothing like making it harder for law-abiding citizens to exercise their Second Amendment rights… And yet, criminals don’t have to do anything to carry :frowning:

6 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: yeap…
At least they should have to mandatorily obtain written permission from 5 neighbors to rob the house…

…just kidding… :upside_down_face:

1 Like