I am a fairly new Gun Owner, I am 61- I Live in a State that does have Open Carry Law and does offer CC Permits. I want to CC not Open Carry, So the requirements to obtain a CCP are not totally difficult here are the requirements. Most of these items i really do not have an issue with, But take note of the third (**) I personally think that this is a invalid request - What and why will any one opinion have anything to do with me wanting to carry concealed gun for my protection- I don’t get that - I am new to the community I live in, I may know my neighbors but what responsibility would they have, let alone me asking them to write a note about my character. I think I want to fight this requirement - Can I win this
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Complete a firearms training course.
- have five references from the county you reside in. The references shall clearly state that the applicant is a person of full age, sobriety and good moral character, that the applicant bears a good reputation for peace and good order in the community in which the applicant resides, and that the carrying of a concealed deadly weapon by the applicant is necessary for the protection of the applicant or the applicant’s property, or both.
- Have never been convicted in Delaware or elsewhere of a felony or a crime of violence.
- If under 25 years old have never been, as a juvenile, adjudicated as delinquent for conduct which, if committed by an adult, would constitute a felony.
- Have never been convicted for the unlawful use, possession, or sale of a narcotic, dangerous drug, or central nervous system depressant or stimulant.
- You are not subject to a Protection From Abuse Order issued by a court.
- Have never been committed for a mental disorder to any hospital, mental institution, or sanitarium.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons