Not a "Women in a Boy's Club" Community

All of the counter people at our local range are female. The range safety officers are mostly male. But everyone can talk guns to a certain extent. It’s a very welcoming place.

4 Likes

Some people are just miserable! They will use gender or differences as an excuse to hurt another human being. However 99% of the encouragement I have received (just hand to hand) before coming to the uscca have been male. Women were just patronizing when I shared my interests. It is really different having support from other ladies.

1 Like

More often than not, I’ve heard negative opinions about women who carry, but only by those who suggest peeing on a rapist as your best line of defense.

2 Likes

As far as I’m concerned this, was never an all boys club. I’ve always considered it an online gun club, where everyone and anyone who’s interested in this culture is completely welcome. We definitely need to hear more from the ladies, they give a new, fresh and patient point of view. In addition they probably have the same issues and likes and dislikes. I’ll bet a lot of women have a drawer full of holsters, have spent cartridges and or live ammo somewhere in their purse, can’t wait for the weekend to get to the range, etc.
If I’m right isn’t there a women’s section in the magazine?

3 Likes

Dang! That is DEFINITELY NOT the best line of defense…
~Signed a woman who carries

Indeed.

They are armed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wild West Alaska had ‘Phred’ and of course ‘Shooter’s Grill’ where the women are armed… and Lauren the owner is running for office now… not an all male club at all.

We have some stores around here that the counter people are women.

@Michael473
That is really useless advance. He would have to be in the act of rape to even effect him at all. The idea is for Lord of the creeps to never get that close.

1 Like