Not a "Women in a Boy's Club" Community

And there you go… perspective :smiley:
No arguments happening here, just the useful process of working out ideas into clearly expressed form. I often have a feeling for a topic but until I have a conversation to wrangle with I don’t formulate the details into something expressable and discrete. Genuinely appreciating you for giving me the opportunity to do so.

Love the discussion here! Please carry on! :slight_smile:

Absolutely @DBrogue this community is great to have for conversations on either side of the fence, different opinions, etc. By no means was I trying to be argumentative. I think that this is sometimes a lost thought when it comes to men/women leagues. Instead of thinking “wtf, I wanna join!” try “good! Get the wife/hubby out of the house. I wanna watch football.” Haha. I think people can be more jealous than supportive. As far as different rules go, it shouldn’t be different. I think leagues should have different levels: beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc. Notice I didn’t bring up gender? Same rules apply depending your experience. I know I would attend a different league and a lower level than @James as example (yup, you’re my guinea pig here). James has way more experience than I do and it wouldn’t be a challenge for him to compete at my level. And different league because I like to talk about shoes! Haha! You get the point! Of course I would still want to shoot with him because he can always teach me something (and he’s my husband, so there’s that too. Haha!!) The levels can always compete against each other too making everyone included. Just like packers and the bears. Practice with your team to play against each other! Wait, maybe bad example. What’s a team on the packers level, not below it??? Hahahahah!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I was about to give you a very hard time for your example of the Packers and the Bears, but you caught yourself there, @Kelly:rofl:

Just don’t bring up the Vikings. Tim Schmidt is a Vikings fan… the Packers/Vikings game week is always a fun one at the USCCA Headquarters. :football:

3 Likes

I’ll make sure that’s the first thing I ever say to Tim if I ever meet him! “So, Dawn tells me you hate the Vikings. I agree. Just a smidgen above the bears. Am I right?” :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I can feel your glaring stare thru the computer Dawn. Haha!!!

2 Likes

Wow! There definitely was a glare. Come on over to the Headquarters, I’ll give you a tour and introduce you to Tim if he’s here. Then I’ll watch as you say that… and laugh at his response!

3 Likes

Is that a bet? Haha!

3 Likes

Should I even mention my NFL team affiliation here? Lol.

3 Likes

GO PATS!!! That’s all I have to say so carry on! :rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

2 Likes

That’s my second favorite team. Tom Brady is a weirdo, but the guy is an outstanding player.

2 Likes

For all the USCCA members, go to your April issue of Concealed Carry Magazine. Page 132 an article entitled Role Reversal. Gave me a chuckle.

3 Likes

That was funny.

1 Like

Well I thought I was going to have to wait until I was home next weekend, but then I remembered it was online :smiley: @45IPAC that was AWESOME! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes
3 Likes

I worked with a bunch of new shooters this weekend. 75% were female! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just bought my second hand gun a Glock 43.

3 Likes

What do you like about the Glock 43, @Helen2? I’m debating my next carry firearm and would love your thoughts on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was looking for something for on body carry, I been using my .380 EZ for off body. The Glock is slightly smaller and narrower but the main thing for me was how it feels in my hand. Looked at the Hellcat at a recent gun show and thought it was just too small for me. I shot both guns at the range and didn’t find the muzzle rise to be much different. Some reviews said the Glock 43 had more muzzle rise because of the lighter weight. I did modify the mag release to the extended release that is a bit more rounded off so the mag drops and doesn’t fly out of the grip; changed to an extended slide release and changed to fingertip extensions on the mags. All in all the 43 is a great gun for a smaller hand and isn’t as difficult (for me anyway) to rack as some other Glocks. I’m really pleased with it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the great feedback, @Helen2!

1 Like

I have a lady friend who I helped buy her first pistol. The first shop we went to the guy was a total douchebag. If he was selling water in the desert I wouldn’t buy it from him. the 2nd place the guy was really cool and helpful. he pointed out different pistols and stuff in a easy going manner. There are douchebags everywhere you go. I have been shooting with women a few times and the other guys were cool and the rangemasters were good as well.

1 Like