No Permit or Training Rrequired

Yes, because no rational person can base the opinions on the future, and your memory is faulty. Where I lived there was very little crime, too, when I was young. Where I live now, the same is true, that does not mean there was no crime when I was young, nor today. There have always been high crime areas, just as there are today, as well as the opposite, even today.

Obviously they can, as you claim people do. Any data to back-up your comments? Of course not, why bother with facts when it’s your “feelings” about today and the future that are the only things that matter to you.

How is the data I am discussing “outdated”? If I cited data from yesterday, would that be outdated? How about last year, during the time you claim is so different than 2019? At what point is the data “outdated”? One thing you seem to fail at understanding is that human nature has not changed since Man existed. Read Voltaire. The same human failings he writes about, crime, poverty, etc., still exist today. People’s motivations also have not changed.

Everyone believes that. That does not change anything I have posted. You have yet to answer any of the questions I have posed to you. You have no basis for your contention, but your “feelings” and your faulty memory of the past.

2 Likes

I don’t like corn😜

3 Likes

Common sense often works for many of us. Each individual should take their own initiative to learn firearm safety and spend their time at the range or wherever they decide to hone their shooting skills. It has worked for me all my life as I was fortunate to grow up in a family of hunters that taught me correctly and provided a good starting foundation of experience. Not everyone has that benefit.

3 Likes

John: check out ( Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act ) if you travel good for you to know. :us::us:

2 Likes

Thanks @Blacky,
I heard of the HR218 but just have not looked into it, or just procrastinating, I have to check how to get it here in VA and see who gives a course. Have not been traveling much lately but I know eventually things will open up again.

1 Like

As I stated before, I agree with training. I am against the government requiring it, which it seems you are for. So, just to get me straight, are you for government required gun safety classes or not?

4 Likes

@Gregory80 I’m trying to understand what you’re attempting to say, but I’m having a hard time following your thinking.

On one hand it seems you’re advocating people not be allowed to simply go buy a gun and carry (open or concealed), or even keep a gun in the nightstand, without proper training. But you’re also saying common sense works for many, and training by their own initiative is sufficient.

We all know common sense is far from common, that is everyone has a different notion of what makes sense. By the same token, my initiative and how I learn will be different from yours and everyone else’s.

So what’s the objective measure by which you think people should be permitted to purchase and carry? Is it what your hunter relatives teach? Is it what the guys at the gun shows say? Is it a US government standardized test?

I ask, because right now, more and more states are finally recognizing that there is only one truly fair way to treat this issue, and that is the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

5 Likes

As I stated before, I agree with training. I am against the government requiring it, which it seems you are for. So, just to get me straight, are you for government required gun safety classes or not?
I have never said that I am for for any type of government training or regulation. My comment of "Each individual should take their own initiative to learn firearm safety and spend their time at the range or wherever they decide to hone their shooting skills seems to state my point of not having to go to a government agency.

4 Likes

On one hand it seems you’re advocating people not be allowed to simply go buy a gun and carry (open or concealed), or even keep a gun in the nightstand, without proper training. But you’re also saying common sense works for many, and training by their own initiative is sufficient.
Anyone who owns a gun should know how to use it safely and be comfortable with it. Sure, there are first time gun owners that feel they know it all and absolutely no one can teach them anything…however Gun training and gun ownership should never be controlled by the government and there are many sources other than government regulated where anyone can get quality training if the want to.

1 Like

Still not understanding your point. Should it be controlled by anyone?

From what you’re saying above, you should be totally ok with anyone buying a gun and bearing the responsibility for safety and training as they see fit. But that’s not what I’m getting from your earlier comments where you seem opposed to anyone owning, carrying without training.

Again, what’s the objective measure?

2 Likes

Everyone, please remember we’re all here because we want to be able to best defend ourselves and our loved ones and are here to exchange ideas about self-defense. We’re not all going to agree, but there is no need for personal attacks.

I had a loaded gun pointed at me on a range last weekend, I was very direct with that person to get their gun aimed downrange. One of the group had no idea what they were doing, the other two had shot before, but no one watched the new shooter. Thankfully the range was slow and there was a safety officer who could direct them.

I 100% agree with you that training is important and that people need to train. I would suggest looking at the last year of research/numbers. Gun sales skyrocketed last year and so did training classes/range time (and not just concealed carry classes). Can you tell which states are Constitutional Carry based on the negligent discharge or brandishing statistics of the last year?

Even though the world was more chaotic and had a lot of new gun owners last year, I didn’t hear about any dramatic increase in negligent firearm handling issues in Constitutional carry or permit required for carrying states.

One thing I think we can all agree on - we want people who own a firearm to be trained.

9 Likes

I wonder how many of you are nervous. About this no permit carry. That’s about to take effect thanks?

4 Likes

No one should be nervous about a God given right.

8 Likes

A driver’s license is a PRIVILEGE - a carry permit is an IFRINGEMENT on a constitutional right, and any cost or governmental fee to exercise that right is a TAX on that right. Why should you have to register your vehicle every year during your ownership, when you registered it when you bought it?

8 Likes

To your question, you’ll find more here:
https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/t/no-permit-or-training-rrequired/68776

1 Like

Appreciate this post. I probably have missed much of the news media recently, kinda caught up in other things, behind the times per se. Chris, are you referring to a few states who recently passed state laws not requiring a permit to “carry”? Or were there many more states or is there news on a national level? Sorry, I been buried in work and stuff. Thanks.

I don’t want to be nervous about it and try not to be, but I am, for a few different reasons. I’m trying to be respectful of others who deserve self-protection, but I also have my reasons for preferring that we are vetted, checked out or go through some basic form of prerequisite, education, and training. I’m biased partly because I enjoyed my training and think I gained a lot from it. I’ll never take it for granted. It makes me cherish what I have all the more, beyond words; It changed me.

Yes sir I was.

2 Likes

Can you imagine a world where our right to bear arms was not infringed? If we removed all those infringements right now, the public would scream bloody murder for a few months. Then, after the initial tsunami of crying and panic, we would discover that we have become a more courteous society. We’d find that, with everyone able to defend themselves, things like mass shootings would stop. People who want to be famous terrorists would end up dead shortly after the first shot. Yeah, the first few months would be havoc - but once everyone got their heads realigned; there would be less fear in the U.S.

7 Likes

Thanks, @Alces_Americanus! I was going to merge the two threads and didn’t have to go looking for the other link :smiley:

3 Likes

@Chris220 welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like