New Zealand collects more than 50K guns after assault weapon ban following

2 Likes

From the article it sounds like the estimate is that 2/3 of the gun owners refused.

1 Like

This won’t be the case in America. Freedom will prevail.

2 Likes

New Zealand is famous for its sheep

3 Likes

But Nicole McKee, a spokeswoman for the advocacy group Council of Licensed Firearms Owners, said owners had kept about two-thirds of the banned weapons because they had lost faith in the government and hadn’t been offered adequate compensation.

“They never overcame being blamed by authorities for being somehow responsible for a heinous act of terrorism — something they would never do," McKee said in a statement.

Yep, sounds about right.

3 Likes

I couldn’t find the breakdown of what was turned in.

1 Like

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/12/22/new-zealands-socalled-buyback-program-is-proof-that-gun-control-simply-doesnt-work-n2558404

1 Like

I do think it would be a mistake to assume that Americans will be like the sheep of NZ. I can hear Patrick Henry now… “Give me liberty, or give me death!”

1 Like

“It cant happen here…” Right. Do most high school graduates even know who Patrick Henry was.

Wasn’t really counting on the younger generation. It will be us old timers and those who took the oath to support and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. I must say that I see a lot of defeatist attitudes in some posts. We got to do better than that.

Yea, we got to. But when you are caught in a rip tide, your best bet is not to waste your energy. I educate my children properly. I believe this is the best thing I can do, best any of us can do.