New Springfield firearm: Hellcat

@Zee Salivating over the gun? :wink:

It is a good-looking gun if you will. Hopefully, my local shooting ranges will get one when it comes out. Iā€™d love to give it try.

1 Like

I called SA re: the grip safety. Asked if a later issue would include the grip safety. I was told the safety wa s originally considered , but it would require the weapon to be larger than they wished.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Ron23. There are always trade offs.

2 Likes

@Jorge let us know how you like it!

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. Iā€™m, looking forward to enjoying the relationship. Have a great day!

3 Likes

Absolutely!

2 Likes

Local shop says they are getting FIVE. Asking price $599.00, they are going to text me when they get them in. :smiling_imp:

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

@Craig6 We expect reports and pics :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if @Craig6 will shoot SA Hellcat from Dodge Hellcat or Grumman F6F Hellcatā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And of courseā€¦ alone or with Marvel Hellcat? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hellcatsā€¦ Firearms - IN STOCK PISTOLS - Hellcat X2 Series - Guncrafter Industries

? Itā€™s just another smaller sub compact which the line already has. Just one more of he same basic XD/XDM line.

HELL ā€¦ PRICE :scream:

What about this Hellcat? :woozy_face:
hellcat

Looks this pretty name has few different personalities

@Zee & @Jerzees Iā€™m going to go shake hands with it when it comes. Iā€™ve already been down the subcompact road and itā€™s going to have to fit or it will stay in the counter. That and in general I try to avaoid Gen 1 purchases no matter how good I think they might be.

I could probably come up with an SRT and mebby even an F6F (it may be a Douglas Dauntless it has been a while since Iā€™ve been to the aviation museum). As to the Marvel version she would have to be ā€œanatomically accurateā€:yum:, that said there was a big tall, brunette WWE fighter that might fit the costume but I have no idea what her name is. :thinking:

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Can you let us know if there is any primer drag?

2 Likes

What is this primer drag you speak of?

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Everyday Iā€™m leaning new thingsā€¦ never heard about ā€œprimer dragā€ beforeā€¦ :thinking:

Now I see, your question makes sense :slight_smile:

BTW: short explanation for @Craig6:

2 Likes

@Jerzees Iā€™ve been playing guns for a long time and I have NEVER seen that before. Is this a common thing? Due to any particular firing mechanism or system?

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

I had to go look it up tooā€¦ saw several causes listed. In revolvers, a primer that isnā€™t fully seated (high primer). Can be true in semiautos too.

In semiauto, a more typical reason is a weak firing pin return springā€¦ itā€™s not fully pulled out of the way before the brass starts ejecting. The other reason is listed as rapid slide travelā€¦ a light slide travels at a faster speed because of its lower mass. Basically the ejection happens before the firing pin is fully retracted . So it sounds like it could be either or both (slow firing pin retraction or fast slide, or both).

@greg1 is your concern wearing or breaking the firing pin?

4 Likes

Never actually seen that before, but Iā€™ve always been worried about a fast slide or a broken firing pin. Yikes!

3 Likes