Springfield Hellcat First Look

You’ve asked for it! And here it is! @KevinM’s first look at the Hellcat!

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/first-look-at-the-springfield-hellcat/

Hey, @Keystonecop… Wanted to make sure you saw this! :smiley:

3 Likes

:ok_hand:
@KevinM hasn’t shot it yet? :upside_down_face:

He’s shot it, though I’ll let @KevinM post what he thought of shooting it … :smiley:

I did indeed, thanx for the heads up! Can’t wait to see Kevin’s trip to the range.:smiley:

I just bought the Hellcat. I am excited to shoot it. Loving the way it feels with the double stack mag. Slim unlike my glock 27.

3 Likes

Welcome @Ramiro1 look forward to your input. Mike

1 Like

SOMEONE gimme a live fire report on this thing!!! Have a friend looking at it very close, and I’d like to hear how it shoots, especially compared to a Sig 365, the gun it seems to be with in direct competition for concealed carriers.

1 Like

hopefully you can find some answers here:

Live fire comparison:

1 Like

With the Hellcat I’m very accurate. It is a little snappy. The front sight is easy to see. It is easy for you to see when doing a quick draw from the holster. I really enjoy shooting and carrying this gun.

2 Likes

Thank you for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Smiddy, I took the Hellcat, Glock 43 and Sig 365 on the range (rented them at the local range) and shot them side by side. The Glock had really snappy recoil - I wanted to like it, but didn’t. The Hellcat fit in my hand well, however, I could feel it move with every shot where the magazine met the body of the gun. Didn’t like that feeling.

I had shot the Sig 365 before and thought it was OK. It’s still OK due to it’s size it’s snappier than a full size. It’s great for carrying, not the best for a just-for-fun shooting day at the range.

3 Likes

@Dawn, can we call you SIG LADY? :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@Dawn. Thank u for that info ma’am :slight_smile:

I’ll bet if you put a 365xl in place of the plain 365, you’d feel quite different.

Historically I’ve preferred 45, a LOT. However, I like the price of 9mm ammo in comparison, and can have fun shooting the 365xl all day.
Would I rather put an equal number of rounds thru my 1911? I cant say. May have to do that comparison 1 day.

3 Likes

Best concealed and fitted into the hand combination: P365XL frame with P365SAS slide.
I’m still surprised SIG doesn’t sell this configuration. :thinking:

1 Like

@Dawn - Thank you Dawn, I am contemplating the Hellcat and when the range
reopens I want to shoot one to see just how snappy it is. With the heat in the
90’s already here in Fl. I am looking for something smaller to conceal on a daily
basis. Mike_T :boom:

1 Like

It’s not too bad snappy wise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am considering the P365Xl, The 365 did not feel as good. Hellcat, the grip was boxier. But loved the grip on the Walther CCP and PPS m2. Got to hold the 365 xl as well. I think I would omit the Hellcat and add Glock 48 (someone said for me to try it over the 43X which I have held and it also felt boxy) and make my first gun one of these 4

I just bought and started carrying one as my BUG some months back. Love the gun. Shoots great, fits my hand better than 365 for sure, and well, Sig makes good pistols. And rifles. And ammo…sights…new machine guns for our military…they simply do everything well. But yeh, the P365XL is a great one IMO!

1 Like

I know this is an old string but figured I’d try before starting a new one.

Posting this in several topics hoping to get a response.

Anyone have issues with jams using Federal HST ammo.

Next round stuck at top of magazine fails to feed and mag release won’t function.

Had to pry round into position to feed round.

Hell

1 Like

If it’s anything like my glock with optic, it could be that one of the screws on the optic is a millimeter or two too long. I had a gunsmith install my optic because it was my first weapon purchase. The gunsmith did not use the screws included with the optic, one of which is slightly shorter so it doesn’t get in the way of the slide mechanism. Swapped out the long screw for the shorter one and viola! No more problems. So, wasn’t ammo related in my case.

3 Likes