Springfield Hellcat 1st edition (Trigger)?

I was able to fire a Springfield Hellcat yesterday at the range. To me the trigger felt a bit strong compared to the two other firearms I fired.
I read up on Hellcats trigger and found it has a 7.25 approximate pressure. Firing it compared to the others I was all over the target about 10 inches spread for grouping. The other two firearms I put groupings within 4 inches. ( 40ft. Distance ).
Does anyone know of a good replacement trigger for the Springfield Hellcat if I should decide to purchase one from the guy? ( It is a nice size for EDC)

3 Likes

My son has one, he loves it. I thought the trigger pull was not only too stiff but also too long.

1 Like

@William377 Looked into both the hellcat and sig P365. They’re both very great for EDC size, but still walked out with the sig. My son got the hellcat. Sig has a variety of accessories for upgrades, which is one reason I’ve stock to sig. But good question about Springfield. Going to contact my son to see if he has any info on trigger upgrades.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. I also am investigating for a well made and good reviews of a better trigger for the hellcat .

2 Likes

@William377 Google; Trigger assembly for Springfield Hellcat. You’ll see a nice YouTube video of step by step installation " PRP trigger kit" for Springfield Hellcat. End result on trigger test a nice average 4.12

1 Like

If a heavier trigger(sear) spring is available you could lighten the pull for 79 cents. A little polishing/burr removal may help as well…edit, able to get separate springs for Glocks, 4 pound springs are oem, I found 6 pound aftermarket springs which really lightened the pull…for the Hellcat, I found this. Good folks at Mcarbo.

Wolff springs also a good source of getting just what you need and nothing you don’t.
https://www.gunsprings.com/SEMI-AUTOPISTOLS/cID1

5 Likes

My edc is the hellcat and I love it. My first time going to the range I was a little taken aback by the trigger pull and my grouping sucked. Now that I’ve gotten to use it a bit more it is a great gun. Save for the snappiness of the recoil.

3 Likes

@Ronald150 , Thank you.

2 Likes

@mattm , Thank You very much.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @Luke25 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

After quite a bit of investigation I’ve decided to go with the APEX trigger setup in the first edition Springfield Hellcat. Hoping to see what it can do sometime next week.

1 Like

Ok, practicing with the Hellcat with the new APEX Trigger & springs installed. I must say, for me, it’s a bit less & smoother pull, alittle shorter from the wall to firing, great reset feel.
2" grouping at 15" and 3" grouping at 30’.
Using a optic red dot.
Very happy with the change.

1 Like

I have one Hellcat with the 1st Gen trigger, and also one with the 2nd Gen trigger. The pull weight doesn’t seem to be excessive at all, and I know precisely where it will break. One complaint I’ve read is that if you put any lateral pressure at all on the trigger (primarily the 1st Gen triggers), it will bind and can not be pulled. I regard this not as a bug, but a feature. I’ve learned to very aware of my trigger pull, and this is not a problem for me. I can now, after some practice with it, shoot 4 inch groups at 25 yards. You can, of course, drop in a new trigger (Apex), or polish the sear, etc., but I would be careful to have a certified gunsmith do the work, or you may void your warranty. Also, as this is an excellent EDC gun, any modifications would be described by the prosecutor in your trial as an attempt to make the gun more lethal.
I also recently purchased a P365 since I was lookinig for one before I bought the Hellcat. It is also a fine EDC firearm. I like it alot, but I actually like the Hellcat more. It just fits my hand better, and I actually like the Hellcat trigger more than the P365, and I find it more accurate. That’s just me, but you can’t go wrong with either gun.

2 Likes