Hellcat Trigger

Anyone shot or own the hellcat? I’ve watched several YouTube videos, always with a grain of salt, saying the trigger has a problem with the tab safety not always allowing the trigger to function. Apparently it has to do with not getting enough finger on the trigger. I’m just curious if anyone has any experience with it and if theres been any issues.

2 Likes

From the videos I saw it looked like they were pressing the trigger from the side and not pressing the saftey tab. It will come down to your hand size, I have held the Hellcat and my fingers are plenty long enough to press the trigger safety. Everyone will have to judge for themselves if the gun fits them.

3 Likes

I’ve shot it - we have it as a rental at the range where I work on the side. Never had an issue with it and haven’t heard any complaints about the trigger from any one. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ve suddenly took an interest in this gun. I’m figuring as soon as I’m able to start having classes again it’s gonna pop up a good bit. Honestly kinda interested in possibly purchasing one as well, but I’m not sure if my P365 or my wife will you’d forgive me.

2 Likes

Good points

1 Like

Just got a Hellcat…great little gun. First time at the range I thought it was defective because every few shots, the trigger would lock. Then I realized I had my trigger finger too high on the trigger and wasn’t engaging the trigger safety. Since then I have made it a point to have my finger lower on the trigger and haven’t had a problem. Hope that helps.

the trigger

5 Likes

I have a Hellcat and have not had any issues with the trigger. I have put about 500 rounds through it and no issues. Great gun for EDC.

4 Likes

@David382

Welcome to the forum! Good info on the trigger. I am spoiled to 1911’s with flat triggers, but I do shoot some Tupperware guns all along.

1 Like

@Fred_G There are plastic guns in Avocado Green and Harvest Gold out here? Even better, Vintage Orange? Do they have a Burp Trigger? If so, I want one.

1 Like

My Tupperware gun is black. I might consider brown or grey, but that is about the only colors. Have no problem with those who like colors though!

1 Like

Me thinks you missed the joke :rofl:

1 Like

I got to handle a hellcat my last trip to my gun shop, tiny little bugger but that trigger pull was horrible. Way too much travel on the trigger to fire and especially the reset.

My caniks have spoiled me a bit but the trigger on my P95 is cleaner than the hellcat.