New Smith & Wesson FPC 9mm

Ok, now you did it.

You know how much I like my wood, and in my favorite, walnut. Someone I know, not gonna name names, would match that Glock Mag Well , with his/her Glock, and 9mm pistol ammo with this one.

I’ve classified different categories of firearms, where this one to me, would be more of a SHTF rifle, or as they advertised for those fortunate to own larger land.

Earlier today, I just committed to a hybrid rifle/shotgun combo. But then you showed me, this one, reminded me when one weekend, I locked it away, and spent some time with brother and nephew; They are single, so we “tied a few on” at home (lots o fun had), when my nephew busted out another bottle, like I told him,

yes, but dam him!

Now I know why some of us become collectors.

2 Likes

Beautiful! Now please release it in 57x28!

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Tim205 and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

NIce!!

2 Likes

Not surprised. Pretty sure I will be in line for one of these soon!

3 Likes

me too brother! I may wait a bit for them to work out any bugs first, but i think it looks pretty solid already. I’m hoping the come out with a Performance Center version soon.

3 Likes

That would be even cooler if they did come out with a Performance Center version. Either way, I would still buy this one before the Kel Tec Sub 2000. A friend of mine bought one of those and I shot it a few times at the range. It is NOT fun to shoot. The recoil is a bear. Plus, the way that it folds back, there is no way you can put an optic on it and still be able to close it. I had planned on doing a 9mm rifle build myself with a folding stock for my bugout bag but this looks like it will fill the bill and is actually cheaper than what it would cost me to do the build. Will have to wait until they’re in stock, though. Every site that I looked at shows them as all being out of stock. I don’t think S&W is shipping them yet.

5 Likes
5 Likes

BTW Happy Anniversary brother @Shamrock

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Tim205

2 Likes

Not Smith & Wesson but got this advertised a couple of days ago:

https://www.brownells.com/guns/rifles/semi-auto-rifles/lc-carbine-5.7x28mm-rifle?trk_msg=6I15S65OCJUK7EVA3QL1VHJNV0&trk_contact=70AR4SUQU19FKMBVFNB10CMKIO&trk_module=bna&trk_sid=MBA9LOTKHJ4HIQDR3LNTIEJ5P8&trk_link=AE17T1TB8EV4D2BOCLNGNHAQ80&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Product&utm_campaign=Browse-Abandonment&utm_content=Product-Browse-Message-1

This is tempting to go with my Ruger 5 7 but the ammo is darn $$$

4 Likes

Side folding is interesting but it still looks really cheap, the extra mags is a nice feature but i think I’d still go with a Keltec Sub 2k unless I get to handle this new one and it changes my mind…

Mcarbo makes a few upgrades for the Sub2k,

I like to looks of the new Henry though…

Of course, these days I’m looking more into 10mm platforms…

3 Likes

Welcome Tim205

3 Likes

@Bill170
That’s a nice looking carbine, and you’re right ammo is expensive. It would be a perfect match with your Ruger 5.7 and the price point is good also.

3 Likes

Agree, esp. since they have dropped the price to $299 (with rebate). At that price you can do some nice mods!

2 Likes

I had one lol :us:

2 Likes

On our way home from a nice day trip to Horseshoe Dam, my wife mentioned we were close to the LGS on the East side. I couldn’t say no.

I inquired about the S&W FPC. They had received two but were sold instantly. My wife insisted I put money down to get the next one that arrives. Looking forward to it :smiley:

My question is what would be a good optic for one of these? I want something that would be quick to get on target within 50 to 75 yards. Don’t currently have any type of carbine, and this would be good for closer to medium range. Just not sure of the optics. Any advice is welcome.

3 Likes

Personally, I would go with a red dot mounted on an elevated base that permit me to co-witness the iron sights. I lean towards Vortex. If you are older (like me) you may want to go with a green dot. My 9mm carbine is zeroed at 100 yds.

6 Likes

This would be a home run if they made an option that took Glock magazines!!!

2 Likes

Is there a set of folding sights and a low mount red dot available that will co witness on that set up?

2 Likes