New Smith & Wesson FPC 9mm

I got a Vortex Spitfire 1x Prism scope for it. This carbine did not come with iron sights. This prism scope has a DRT reticle etched into the glass which is always visible. You can turn the illumination on red or green, but if the battery fails you still have a sight available.
I found one brand new at a great price (nearly 1/2 MSRP)

Got the carbine Tuesday night, so hoping to get it sighted in this weekend sometime.

5 Likes

So took my new toy to the range today.
Was easy to bore sight at home to get on paper right off the bat.
Unfortunately the range I went to is only 25 yards, but dialed it in pretty good and then had fun. It is really fun to shoot. No real recoil at all.
Need to get to an outdoor range and see how far I can shoot it accurately.

Overall I’m really happy with it. The Vortex Prism optic makes it really accurate.
Practiced alot of two to the chest and one to the head.

Edit - not a single malfunction with 100 rounds so far.

6 Likes

Still not a lot of info being shared about this. I want to assume (not a good thing to do), that S&W would not release this without a set of sights, unless just about every set of folding sights worked. Everybody, please comment what you are installing and your honest observations. Just a for instance the KelTec Sub 2000, has serious issues getting a good sight picture as the buffer tube keeps your ability from getting a good sight picture. Thank you.

2 Likes

Waiting on mine to come in.

3 Likes

9 Likes

The full Monty

7 Likes

Nice!
It is fun to shoot. The charging handle can get irritating sometimes. Clips my nose on occasion.

4 Likes

@Steven399
Enjoy it brother and take care and carry on.

5 Likes

I am absolutely loving my FPC. It is a blast to shoot. I have her rigged for home defense.

10 Likes

That looks awesome brother @Virgil_H.

5 Likes

Nice looking rig. Is that one of those sound redirectors on the front or a very small suppressor?

5 Likes

Looks like a long flash can

4 Likes

That’s what I thought but some of those are designed to direct the sound forward making it seem quieter to the shooter. So was wondering if the difference in sound with and without it was noticeable.

4 Likes

Thank you good sir!

3 Likes

Yes sir, it’s a linear compensator. It is supposed to direct some of the noise downrange. It is a really effective flash can too. It does seem a little quieter when firing than without it, but not a great deal I think. The flash and the very small blast of the 9mm does seem reduced.

7 Likes

Wherebdid that mag come from?

1 Like

That is a Pro Mag 30 rounder. I ordered it ftom Midway USA.

2 Likes

I now have one of these @Johnnyq60. I’ve had it for a couple of months now. So far I really like it! the only drawback for me personally is that as a left-eye dominant shooter, I shoot rifles left-handed and with this carbine the brass was burning the crap out of my right forearm (see pic). I will say this could have been due to me shooting it at an indoor range and the brass might have been bouncing off of the wall first and then on to my arm. Im honestly not sure. I will be taking out to the desert in the very near future and will keep you updated. other than that, its a ton of fun to shoot. Very accurate, very little recoil.I added a Romeo 5 red dot and angled foregrip. I definitely recommend this firearm!!

3 Likes

I am happy you purchased it brother @Anthony2. I hope you enjoy it more out in the open air and don’t get burned with it.

3 Likes

Try going back to RH shooting, but with both eyes open. Easier to adjust if using an optic, iron sights a little longer. Long sleeve shirt may also help. :grin:

3 Likes