New Puerto Rico Gun Laws Page | Concealed Carry Permit | USCCA

Puerto Rico is about three times the size of Rhode Island with a population of roughly 3.2 million. It became a U.S. territory in 1898 after Spain ceded it following the Spanish-American War. It is one of the five inhabited U.S. territories, including American Samoa, Guam, the North Mariana Islands and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens. Since it is a territory of the U.S., citizens from mainland U.S. do not need a passport to visit. Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens (granted in 1917) and pay most federal taxes (except for federal income tax).

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/new-puerto-rico-gun-laws-page/
2 Likes

Interesting: I have a 2nd home in Puerto Rico: I will need to read more on the gun laws; Unfortunately Puerto Rico gun crimes are high -

Also legal guns are hard to get in Puerto Rico, that I know of - I had never seen a gunstore etc. and I go every year for 2-3 weeks

I appreciate the new info and Add-on

1 Like

You might have not searched enough. There are many gun stores in Puerto Rico. Just google Gun shops PR or in spanish “Armeria” Very simply to get legal guns and all type of CCW type guns.

1 Like

I did I stand corrected / I just never saw one -