Traveling

I am taking a trip to Puerto Rico soon. I want to take a couple of handguns and was wondering if anyone knew the laws concerning the airport in San Juan. I know how to pack the guns for travel but I am having a hard time finding info if they will allow them sent with my carry on. I know the laws changed over the last couple of years and our carry license is valid.

3 Likes

So after some extensive research, 2 minutes on google, :joy::joy:, looks like you check with TSA for the PR regulations\restrictions, show proof of lawful carry (CCP) and your good to go.
I went for a wedding about 10 years ago and at that time it was an absolute no.
Good luck and have fun!

4 Likes

Shoot I was looking all over and they had a bunch of old stuff. Thanx man.

2 Likes

Where did you find that?

1 Like

@Eduardo14 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. :us:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/pr-gun-laws/

4 Likes

@Eduardo14 Welcome to the community, really look into the Puerto Rico Gun Laws that Bruce26 posted. You may have to fill out forms pertaining to transporting your gun there, and there’s information on agencies that you may want to contact for further info in Puerto Rico. If I read correctly, I think you’re only allowed one gun with CCL, unless it’s a hunting or sporting club event where a couple would be allowed. In any case look into those forms that need to be filled out, and if so, have copies to show TSA when it’s time to check in for your trip. The more informed, and better prepared the easier it is for your trip. Be safe, have fun!

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Eduardo14 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

Welcome @Eduardo14!

Yes, read up on the links provided and call or email the agencies to make sure you’re following the correct procedure. Email is better since you will have proof of the discussion.

Have a safe trip!

3 Likes

Just went to my google search, put in entering PR with a firearm

2 Likes