New Pistol Thoughts

I think my next EDC will be a P365 XL. I mention it only because I have had such terrific luck with my P365. I think the XL has a 3.9 inch barrel, as opposed to the 3.1 inch on the base P365. It is still quite narrow and comes stock with a straight trigger, if you like those. Size wise it is just a tad smaller than the P320 Compact.

I just thought I would offer it for consideration. All the other listed options are fantastic pistols. Good luck and enjoy the search!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into it :blush:

2 Likes

@Levi2 , you know that pistol is very personal choice. What works for one person may be hated by others.
So far you have been using pretty good tools… and your thoughts are going good direction :wink:
C2 would be an awesome choice. Don’t think about the price… it is still much less than WC SFT9 :wink:

Anyway, you have asked about experience… I already stopped counting rounds on my C2, but I’m over 10K for sure. Zero malfunctions, zero problems, only pleasure to carry and shoot.
The only question is - how do you like SAO system. :thinking: If you don’t care, you will really enjoy consistently same feeling every time you press the trigger. No matter how hard or softly you press that trigger - the result is always the same.
C2 is a super accurate an perfectly balanced pistol.

However, if you still think about less expensive option… one of P365 would be a good choice.

Good luck with the search. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:
I’ve had Glocks, Walther’s, Rugers, HK’s, Sig’s, Kimber, S&W’s and Springfield’s.
After 500+ rounds the DR920 is what truly works for me, trigger was a little stiff in the beginning but now is butter to me. Happy enough that I picked up a CR920 CMB, great for my belly in the Summer😁
It is completely up to you.

2 Likes

I had never heard a pistol make the sound of a cash register until Staccato :grin:

3 Likes

I know that Staccato is pricey… but the cost of usage and maintenance is exactly the same as for any other pistols.
The big difference is, that with Staccato you never lose single round because of malfunction or misfire… and each one is around $0.30 :wink:
What I like about Staccato → it works the same way when you shoot 1st round and 10,001st round. There is no break-in period, no wear… it just keeps shooting. And no aftermarket parts for improvement needed. You cannot improve perfection. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Go work for Glock :crazy_face::rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah the sights suck. I have 2 LTTs and I changed the sights to XS big dot tritium and love it now.

2 Likes

@Levi2
I will not use an expensive firearm for concealed carry, but that’s just me. God, forbid you get involved in a self-defense incident, that gun will be taken. I carry my M&P Shield 9 Plus Performance Center with the 3.1" barrel. It does come with a 4" barrel and optic ready. It is lite weight and decent capacity. But there are plenty of guns that fit into this category.

7 Likes

I’m a big fan of the P365X platform. Basically the P-365 Short slide on the XL frame.

When I first tested the P365 I fell in love… Very few guns feel this shootable for me, WITH the extended 12 round magazines I felt like I could NOT miss my shots…

BUT, I seem to have a problem with short grips that leave my pinky hanging. So when I shoot guns like the P365 and the Glock 43 with the flush magazine s I have to work too hard to shoot well, especially when I press down on the pedal for speed. Adding a pinky extension to the mags helps but in my simple mindedness I kept thinking, if I’m adding length to the grip I should fill it with more rounds no?

So I ended up with a Glock 43X and 48 MOS as my main EDCs because they gave me the grip length I need AND with the Shield Arms mags I LOVE I now have a super portable platform with 15 +1 round capacity that I can CC even in the summer under a t-shirt.

But I still had an unfulfilled love affair with the P365 and late last year another instructor I work with asked me if I wanted a P365. He bought it as a test gun but he’s a big Russian dud and it just never worked for him and he knew I owned multiple 43Xs, a gun he’s be wanting to play with. So we swapped.

Once again, I loved the P365 but it irritated me that I had to keep buying 12 round mags and adding a grip extension sleeve to them and when you do fast mag changes those suckers pinch my hands…

So enter Wilson Combat… I ordered an P365XL from from them for a whopping $65. Swapping the internals from one grip frame to another took about 10 minutes. I threw out all the sleeve grip adapters and kept my 12 and 15 rounders. The grip configuration on the WC feels even better in my hands and the gun is just as accurate if not more and easier to shoot!!! So now I have the PERFECT P365!!!

7 Likes

Good deal. I would agree that you have arrived at the optimal P365. Quite the journey but well worth it. I have looked at the WC grip module myself. I have smaller hands but still, the grip looks terrific. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I agree with this argument, however I see it differently.
I know, my Staccato cost more than EDC should… but there are two arguments that drove me to carry expensive pistol.

1. What are the chances I use it for self defense? Low. But if I’m gonna use it I know it won’t fail. If my firearm will be taken, I will be OK with it, because I know it saved my life. And there is no price for it.
  2. I’ve been carrying few Glockish mid price handguns. The one I really loved (PPQ) I gave to my son. The others didn’t earn my trust as a lifesaver. If I’ll be in the position to fight for my life I want be sure that every single round that leaves the barrel hit exactly where I want it to hit. And I’m not talking about range time - for this any handgun is OK. Staccato gives me the confidence and trust. These are needed in case of gunfight.
4 Likes

I EDC a Glock 30 or a Glock 41. I have an additional Glock 30 and a Glock 41. Basic Glocks so if I have to defend myself, I have the exact same pistol.

The gun I shoot the best is my FNZ .45 Tactical with several enhancements. I won’t even EDC to get to a competition. To much money tied to it. So it isn’t just you.

4 Likes

Simple math can prove my thinking is correct… :wink:

(Glock30 + Glock41) x 2 > Staccato C2

2 Likes

I’m betting the Staccato cost more than any 2 of my Glocks.

2 Likes

So… what this meant? :point_down:

For me it was 4 :thinking: :grinning:

3 Likes

I used to think the same as y’all @Johnnyq60 and @Zavier_D , but recently I kinda messed that up. My current EDC is about $1400 not including ammo or holster. I know it’ll work hard and will handle whatever it has to if I ever need it to, and with a spare mag I have 45 total rounds. The downside is it is an extra large firearm…larger than fs. The point is, to me, cost isn’t as important if it means confidence and trust in my firearm in the case that I have to use it. I’d get a hipoint just as fast as an xdm, if I could trust them to work when I need them to (not that there’s anything wrong with hipoint, they just aren’t for me personally.)

3 Likes

Ouch. It may be that much. I priced a 9mm Staccato and it was $2,000ish. Pretty sure you could get 4 second hand Glocks for that.

2 Likes

~2,300 at my store before my discount :eyes:

1 Like

That said, 2,300 is nothing for peace of mind, if it helps give one that.

4 Likes