Gun of my dreams!

Okay Saturday night I went to the range. I shot my new FN 509 MRD. Loved it. I also shot my Sig P365XL with my new streamlight TLR-7 Sub. Always love my Sig.

Now the reason I’m even typing this is because I heard someone say they had a Staccato and an Atlas. I was like dammmmn. Anyway I let it go in one ear and out the next. I continued to shoot.

About 10 minutes before the place closed I heard the gun names again. I walked over and said you have a Staccato

and an Atlas. “Yes, we do”! “Would you like to shoot them”? Uhm, is the Pope Catholic I said. Hell yes please and thank you.

I was privileged to shoot both guns. I have to say I shot the Atlas first and was astounded on the craftsmanship. The trigger and red dot as well as the slide were just amazing. I hit bullseyes right off. When I say bullseyes not around the bullseyes but dead center. Then I shot the Staccato with an Atlas trigger. Nice, very nice, but. Yes, I said but…the Atlas is a supremely made firearm that I will dream about owning now for the rest of my life.

Just utterly amazed at the difference in these guns compared to what I own.

16 Likes

I’d say that the gun of my dreams (as yet, I’ve never actually dreamed of having guns, or knives… ) is an Israeli made weapon. Israeli Weapon Industry.
I have the Masada.
They make the Jericho 941 too.
They also make AR’s, and bullpup- rifles and shotguns.

I think they still make the Uzzi (fully auto, and apparently semi), but it’s not entirely clear. It was showing on their website a couple years ago, as discontinued.

As Israel is generally up to their necks in terrorist conflicts, I’d say that makes them quite skilled in weapon manufacturing expertise.

8 Likes

Oh, yes, I would have to agree completely.

1 Like

I don’t know what to say… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

It was like being a kid in a candy store or a toy store.

4 Likes

Just get it if you want it…

I cannot say this about Atlas… but you won’t regret Staccato. It’s really worth the money.

5 Likes

True, but after shooting the Atlas, I want that one. Yes, Id also be ecstatic to have the Staccato. Both are out of my price range because of my better half. She would use them on me for buying either one of them. :thinking::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::disappointed:

2 Likes

The companies that make those guns now they would not stay in business if their guns were not worth what they charge. Just a thought…

7 Likes

Have you tried the “you deserve to be protected by the best” argument yet?

4 Likes

Oh, I agree. They are both worth every penny. They could be a little exaggerated on price, but after shooting them both . . . They are awesome!!!

2 Likes

No, but I have let her purchase something for herself that was $3500.00. We all know it is a double standard though. She wouldnt want a 5" barrel for her purse.
Know if I could get her to shoot the Atlas. That might change her mind.

Oh, man, it was like finding black gold, Texas T…Jed had it good!!!

3 Likes

Yes, the only time I have shot a Staccato was comparing it to a Springfield 9mm 1911. I’ll admit I liked the Staccato better, but not 3-1/2 times the price better :slight_smile:

I was comparing 2 single-action only (SAO) hammer fire pistols. You were comparing a striker fire pivot point swing trigger to SAO slide trigger pistols - apples and oranges. If you have not, you should compare your striker fire pistols to a more economical 1911 SAO to determine how full your piggy bank needs to be.

3 Likes

Oh Snap! Atlas just shot Staccato in the leg while being chased by a bear!:rofl:

3 Likes

Birthday gift from wife after she commandeered my AR

Oohh, how accurate and a joy to shoot. Awesome center of gravity, muzzle never rises. The 11 pound trigger takes some getting used to!

You can see the IDF using them today! Especially for CQB operations.

8 Likes

Do they make a lefty? :thinking::grinning:

5 Likes

As a matter of fact it’s ambidextrous!

5 Likes

Which direction do the shells eject?

2 Likes

Serious question…in my case , they eject to the right, can be switched!

6 Likes

Is this correct?

2 Likes

I do not think it’s that simple!

3 Likes