New member , troubles w/ ccw

I believe that Sheriffs Dept. could be on a power trip. Maybe they don’t want to give out the CCW to an honest citizen.

6 Likes

Happy Anniversary!

5 Likes

This… in spades with a double-down-kicker.

-G

5 Likes

Call Michel & Assoc. Attorneys at Law, Long Beach, CA, 562-216-4444.
They represent the California Rifle and Pistol Assoc. and handle different types of cases involving all types of gun crimes (especially ones committed by governmental agencies like the SBCSO.)

California has long standing law that one may use any name one chooses to as long as it is not for illegal purposes. This was at the instigation of CA motion picture actors from early in the 20th century.

Where a governmental entity is sued to compel compliance with laws, the agency must pick up the attorney fees for the appellant. That means if Michel has to sue SBCSO, they get to pick up the attorney fees. Getting a call from Michel et al just may make the SBCSO have a Road to Damascus revelation. No, I don’t work for them, but I know of their work on behalf of gun owners everywhere.

I do hope you belong to the California Rifle and Pistol Association. They are very active in attempting to protect CA gun owners. They are mostly not successful simply because most gun owners don’t belong. As Big Daddy Jesse Unruh remarked during his career dominating CA politics, “Money is the mother’s milk of politics.” Cash is heard quite clearly in Schitzomento.

3 Likes

Shamrock: CA law allowing a person to use publicly and legally any name he wishes has been on the books since the early days of the motion picture industry. It was instituted at the behest of the motion pictures industry which held more power in CA than it ever should have due to the big bucks it generated and lots of cash money because that was before the ubiquitous use checks and before Karl Malden and American Express. Do you think John Wayne used Myron Lambskin or whatever name he was born with? Just because “a legal document” says something doesn’t make it law.

No. I am not a lawyer, but I spent 25 years working in the court system of CA and some of it rubbed off. I used to see jailhouse lawyers arguing with a real life, criminal defense lawyer all the time about what the law was at my gun club meetings. Too many people think they know what the law is and really don’t So you shouldn’t rely on what I post here. Instead, look it up on line. All CA law is available on line. Just search for “use of name” or some such topic and you will find what the actual, as-written law is. I already suggested that the OP should contact a law firm and gave him the name and phone number of a firm that represents the CRPA in court and has file amicus briefs in many actions at the CA Supremes and the Fed Supremes. They do know the law.

5 Likes

New member welcome, we all welcome you. All I know is the name as to be right on all paper work, get the name worked out where your name is showing as Paul. Retry once you get that done. any advice I can give you.

3 Likes