New Flag

The fact is that we’re a free society, and anyone is allowed to speculate on things like this. I remember back in the 1980s, someone introduced a bill to change the state song of Washington to “Louie Louie.” If someone wanted to change the U.S. flag to a giant pastel middle finger, they can lobby for that. Look at our northern neighbors: they’ve only been flying the famous Maple Leaf for 60 some years. It was a big deal when they changed it, too. But it can be done.

In our republic, you have to convince a lot of people. If Macy Gray can convince 100 Million people that her flag is better than the current one, it’s probably worth discussion. Until then, she’s just another individual with an opinion. And you know what they say about opinions…

3 Likes

I am thankful to Macy Gray for not telling America how to update Mt.Rushmore.

3 Likes

@Dave-65 >> THIS IS A FLAG FOR MARCY <<

>> DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS << ?

1 Like

The story I heard… Macy Gray was performing in some hotel, her popularity somewhat faded by then. The audience was like, 1 person. She is performing for a sole fan. So she sings one song, goes behind the curtain, 2nd song starts, she comes out… dressed in her shoes and not much else.
OK, her opinion about what flag the US should fly is very valuable.

2 Likes

Macy stated;
The “I Try” songstress suggested that a great place to start would be raising the number of stars on the flag from 50 to 52, in order to represent Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico, which have “been lobbying for statehood for decades.”
Gray also called to remove the flag’s white stripes, which she said are meant to represent “purity and innocence.”
“America is great. It is beautiful. Pure, it ain’t. It is broken and in pieces,” she wrote, suggesting that the color of the stars should reflect all skin tones to show unity.

Notes from me;
Remove the white, remove God. White is the vision of the struggle to get to purity and innocents.
I thought that the flag did stand for freedom and opportunity?
The many man and women who served under our flag served without distinction of their color or race and still paid the ultimate price for our country.
The American flag is the symbol of a great idea.

4 Likes

She’s a used-to-be celebrity who is trying to get her name back in the press. It worked. We’ve been talking about her for 3 days, now.

And let’s be real. The future history books aren’t going to read “Owing to its origins from the British flag, the US flag was red, white, and blue for 200 years. Then one day, Macy Gray said she didn’t like white, so they changed it.”

5 Likes

I had never heard of her. Based on her obvious stupidity, I hope I never hear of her again. As for adding states, DC is a big NO! Best thing would create a federal District which included themall, all the monuments and gov buildings then give all the rest back to Maryland.

2 Likes

You all are over thinking it. She is doing drugs again, and MSM feels obligated to amplify the voice of insanity.

2 Likes

You know , last evening , around 6 or so , my wife and I were up at the local Golden Corral , just finishing dinner . Our friends had just left and we were alone at our table , finishing up our drinks , just chatting . We were looking east , out of the window . A storm front had tried to move in all day but had not amounted to much , but there was a lot of wind coming from the south . Out of the window we could see the towns water supply tanks up on the tall hill a couple of blocks away . Up with them is a tall flagpole with a large US flag . The wind was just right to bring it out to full view while allowing it to ripple right to the edge in a constant change of patterns .
Awesome does not even begin to describe it . We sat there for 15-20 minutes watching the show . In my eyes , our flag is the most beautiful of any I’ve laid eyes on . I thought that way as a child and 6 decades has not changed it .
Chris

8 Likes

I found this photo online a decade ago. Awesome photo.

3 Likes

Macy Gray and ilk like her? are why our Country is in the shape its in, and why there are sooo many new firearm owners in the past 20 months or so. Also partly why we have ammo shortage’s now. We have to hold onto what made this country great in the first place, and no it wasn’t racism, white supremacy, or tired old lies they keep telling 24/7.
I sincerely hope and pray this sinking ship gets righted or this fragile republic is history.
“FREEDOM IS NEVER MORE THAN ONE GENERATION AWAY FROM EXTINCTION. WE DIDNT PASS IT TO OUR CHILDREN IN THE BLOODSTREAM. IT MUST BE FOUGHT FOR, PROTECTED, AND HANDED ON FOR THEM TO DO THE SAME”
RONALD REAGAN

2 Likes

Excellent!
Looks like it could have been taken in Europe, an Army base in Germany maybe? 5 o’clock Retreat.

1 Like

Correct. The photo was take by LTC. Duane Lemke, retired now. One of those soldiers is me. This was a specially selected duty. Out of hundreds of soldiers we were selected. We had no idea the MN Cmdr was taking a photo. I accidentally found this photo online while looking for info and people from back then.

1 Like

@Blacky Glad to see you’re a fellow Red fan. I like what you said and wanted to compliment it with my favorite line.

FOR ALL. FOR ALL. WHICH MEANS BOYS AND GIRLS, ITS AS MUCH YOUR COUNTRY AS IT IS MINE.

2 Likes

This nutjob singer wants 52 stars? I say we cut Oregon, Washington and California off the flag (and the Union) , and go to 47 stars. While we’re at it, let’s dump Noo Yawk too, get down to 46 stars. We can take these lib cesspools and call them “The Delusional Former States” Take Illionis off and now we’re down to 45.

I thought this was about buying a new flag… I just ordered two 3x5 Betsy Ross flags made by Eder in WI… for some reason Annin quit making the 3x5 Betsy Ross.

It’s for July 4, but I will fly it often. Now that some consider it a “racisssssss” symbol, I’ll fly the 13 stars more and more, just to trollolololol and show my dissatisfaction with the current inhabitants of the White House. No, not the termites. I mean the human vermin living there now.

All the flag vendors are saying “out of stock” on many common items. Blaming manufacturing setbacks, transportation setbacks.

Other disciplines are reporting same. Lumber. Air conditioning. IT equipment.

What is happening? Shortages? What’s next, bread lines?

BTW, I found that Commie flag of America offensive. Dunno who created it, this isn’t aimed at any one forum member. If you’re gonna do that, take off the Rebellious Stripes, they cannot be on a Commie banner. Make it solid red, then it’ll truly look Soviet. Maybe change the font from Roman to Cyrillic, too.

3 Likes

I wonder if it has anything to do with that Colin Kaepernick nonsense a couple of years ago, when Nike put the Betsy Ross on their shoes and he said it was racist?

1 Like

Why would the US’ largest flag-maker care what some has-been footballer has to say? Judging from how hard these are to come by in 3x5, I’d say they are selling briskly.

Plenty of China-made examples, but the US-made ones are hard to find now. Someone’s buying them.

2 Likes

Don’t ask me to explain woke culture. I don’t understand it.

3 Likes

Amen, Brother! Looks like the “domestic enemies” are pushing their luck. Deportation would be a kind way to deal with them.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Duke1 and God bless you.

1 Like