New Elite member from TX

Howdy! I’m Jake from San Antonio, TX. I enrolled about 10 days ago and a few days later I picked up my current carry pistol, a Sig P365. Early this week I bought my current carry holster, the CrossBreed Minituck IWB, and I’ve carried every day since. I stayed away from CC for years because I wasn’t confident in the law protecting me, and I was scared of being prosecuted in the event that I defend myself or others with a carry pistol, but since discovering the USCCA and studying every article and video they post, I finally decided it’s time I take back my right to self-preservation. Thank you so much to USCCA for giving me the confidence I needed, and I look forward to learning and growing with you all as responsibly armed citizens!

13 Likes

Welcome Jake @JakeCFH15

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Jake. Sit, prop, and learn from some of the brightest!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community and the USCCA Family, @JakeCFH15!
Glad to have you here - thanks for jumping in and commenting! Can’t wait to hear from you more!

1 Like

Welcome to the community

2 Likes

Welcome neighbor. If you go up to Lampassas and hang a Left on 183 I’m about 3hrs or so due north.

Jump in, the water’s fine here.

3 Likes

Nice to have you join us :smiley:
Sounds like you’re all over the good choices, including hanging out here :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome to USCCA and this esteemed community!

3 Likes

Welcome Jake!:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @JakeCFH15 I just got here myself. A little piece of mind is worth its weight in gold… I truly feel blessed to be from and live in the great state of Texas. It’s awfully nice to know that we have brothers and sisters all across the country that share our values. Know you are among friends here, I know I feel that way.

1 Like

Welcome to the community!!

1 Like

Dear Jake,
Welcome and from what I read in your introduction it appears that you are on the right track. In my opinion, being a reasonable, safe, and law-abiding gun owner top priority. I carry my Glock 36 everywhere I go (where it’s legal). I have my CCW and here in Nevada there are very few places where I am not allowed to carry my weapon. Nevada is also an open carry state. My son purchased a Sig Sauer P365 and it has taken him a while to get used to it from shooting Glocks most of his life. I have a variety of handguns and each one shoots a little different, so I keep proficient with each one as much as I can. The USCCA is a great organization providing training courses and keeps us informed on current issues concerning our Second Amendment issues and rights. As a member, they also provide us with legal assistance if we shall ever need it. As a law-abiding citizen being able to own and carry a gun is my constitutional right. I feel confident that if I ever have use my weapon in self defense (which I pray I never have to again) I know that I am properly trained, know the local laws, and I know my rights. Training and education is very important. Again, welcome and all the best.

3 Likes

Welcome @JakeCFH15 My Family and I Formally moved from Houston, TX.

2 Likes

To a fellow Texan,? I say Howdy and welcome
To USCCA. Be safe and practice.

3 Likes

@Raygunn Welcome Ray @Raygunn

1 Like

I Welcome from Spring! I love my Sig 365 but Sig’s 15rd magazine is virtually impossible to load. Huge engineering snafu. I’ve only had one issue with all of the Sig’s I’ve owned and love them. However, for carry, I opt for my Glock 45 in 9mm. It eats everything I feed it without complaint or hiccup. I have 100% confidence in my Glock to fire every time I pull the trigger (Zev Pro, 3.5lb Double Diamond) and 95% confidence in my P365, P320, P220 or P226. The 5% lack in confidence in my Sig’s mean I don’t carry any of them as my primary weapon.

Your experience(s) may be different.

God Bless and Stay Safe

2 Likes

@JakeCFH15, Welcome Jake. from Wisconsin

2 Likes