New ATF Procedures Speed Up the Processing of Form 4s

I call BS, I am 11 months in and according to my eform tracking I still have a while to wait.

8 Likes

“The ATF blames the FBI NICS division for the bottleneck, pointing out the FBI’s backlog of almost 78,000 NICS checks for NFA items.”

Yeah, they process over a million NICS checks per month, but can’t keep up with the NFA item NICS checks! What a bunch of BS!

9 Likes

ATF? FBI? NFA? I just don’t believe anything that refers to the Alphabet Soup of the Government.

7 Likes

I just got three NFA items back this week, used a trust filed electronically. One suppressor was less than five month and two suppressors less than 30 days.

8 Likes

Hello and welcome @Timothy334

3 Likes

Welcome to our Community sir!

4 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

Probably just gonna speed up the lets raid this house quota.

5 Likes

@Timothy334 Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Timothy334
Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

I’d really like a suppressor for my long-range rifle, but applying to the ATF for a tax stamp guarantees that you are added to a list of those who possess what the feds consider to be dangerous devices. Kinda like donning a “kick me” sign.

6 Likes

I definitely feel that it moves you up the list just ahead of CCW license holders for confiscation and potential detention when the government decides to go full blown Hitler and Stalin authoritarian mode in the name of protecting our safety.

Meanwhile members of criminal gangs get to walk the streets freely with their firearms almost completely unmolested by the authorities.

4 Likes

Its hilarious you think they don’t already have that information and let the invisible boogeyman (that they count on) deter you from your rights. You don’t think that is by design? Im thinking about buying my 7th can atm. maybe a griffin resistance 45 with three lug QD for my UMP

3 Likes

I’m still waiting (over a year) to get permission for my 1st can. I have a clean record and I am prior military.

2 Likes

paper or eform? individual or trust? eform1s and 4s i have heard are coming back pretty quickly now. Some in as little as 3-4 weeks. paper trusts still take the longest unfortunately. My first took right at a year and was the longest, my last was right at 9 months. My fastest was 6 weeks. My last eform 1 came back in 3 weeks. If you use a silencershop kiosk and use digital prints and sign they come back pretty quickly

3 Likes

is what I used through Silencer Central

1 Like

that sucks. some people just have horrible luck with the NICS system. i know several people that have had 2+ year waits on some machine guns due to NICS errors and having felons with similar names or SSN. My brother gets his NICS checks held for a day or two constantly from someone else with the exact same name as him.

2 Likes