Nevada State vs NLV City

Is there anyone on here that lives in Las Vegas that knows if NLV City ordinance 9.32.080 supersedes the State NRS regarding Conceal Carry? I have only seen this information

I chatted with with USCCA and they didn’t know for certain but for me to contact Clark County SD

3 Likes

How about the legitimate use for self defense? That is a poorly written ordinance

2 Likes

too many kali’s live there now so not surprised at this sort of thing…

3 Likes

I live way outside of Clark County in a rural town. I have never heard of this. But NLV is to my knowledge it’s own county so maybe yeah. However your post does say,
“Yes, with a Nevada Firearm permit or a license/permit from a state Nevada honors.”
So I’m thinking that my Nevada CCW - obtained from LV Metro - is honored.

1 Like

Nope, it’s Clark

Hey Karacal , sorry it took me a while to get back to you on this. Read NRS 268.418 section 1 subsections (a, b, c), and sections 2, 4 and 5.

That states that North Town ordinance is not able to supercede state statute. Look at this website Local Gun Laws in NV - Nevada Carry

NRS 268.418 - State control over regulation of firearms, firearm accessories and ammunition - Nevada Revised Statutes (public.law)

Also don’t know how long you have been living there, but the NLV city limits get pretty gerrymandered on the east and northeast side.

1 Like

Thanks. Your post clears up a lot - at least for me.

1 Like

I used to travel a lot to Front Sight in NV, which required traveling through North Las Vegas with firearms on the way to Parumph. I chose to get a non-resident Nevada CCW permit to avoid problems.

Thank you for the information.
I actually live in Washoe. When I visit my friends in AZ I normally have to stay a night in LV.
I heard NLV thinks it’s a sovereign state and wanted to be sure to avoid it, not sure I want to risk having to explain to a NLV judge that they are not in California.

2 Likes

I think he means that they pass their own ordinances regardless of what state law may say. An arrest under those laws may be thrown out of court but you still have the arrest record, may have had to put up bail and might have spent some time in the cross-bars hotel and had your vacation ruined.

2 Likes

Note to self:
Avoid NLV like the plague, do not stop, get pulled over, or even look at it whatsoever.

2 Likes

Yes you are correct, a person may prevail in court but it will be a headache and an expensive one at that. Not to mention the arrest record. Avoid NLV.

1 Like

Good idea for sure

1 Like