Neighbor from hell

Eye contact, depends.

As with the rest of the animal world, eye contact can be taken as an immediate challenge as well.

Also, as per a recent Garand Thumb video, eye contact is what pulls people in.

I’ve read from those who should know a recommendation to look at someone’s chin, then quick scan down to their feet, and keep moving on/then look elsewhere…to acknowledge their presence and have it be known that you’ve give them a literal once over, without dwelling or challenging or inviting them in for a chat

5 Likes

@Shamrock @Nathan57 thanks for the perspective and banter. My “ears” always perk up and listen when the two of you post. Good thoughts from both of you.

5 Likes

Is this easily found (not asking you to do my homework) or do you have a link easy to get to? I don’t watch much of his stuff, but I know he’s a good source. Sounds like a video I should check out.

3 Likes

I appreciate your advice its really good advise. I’m actually gonna download a sample of this book and then if I like it I will purchase it. I get everything in kindle

2 Likes

Gonna check this video out right? Now n ill get back to u

3 Likes

You know, I use to wear steel 2 boots. I still have them, the only problem is I feel like Frankenstein they’re so heavy. I can barely move around with them and then with a bad back, and a bad hip. I really can’t kick but you know what you just gave me an idea. I can wear motorcycle gloves the ones that have hard padding in them that’s for in case your knuckels hit something hard like the street… n the good thing is, it’s legal… of course, I would only wear them when i’m here at my house coming in or leaving … That’s not my intention but if I have to do it I will and I never am going to like this guy. He’s just such you know pain …my landlord plans on evicting him …when this happens problem solved

1 Like

A relative of mine in LE recently had a very similar encounter with a neighbor of his (yeah, the guy’s a real genius, picking a fight with a cop). His advice (and what he did) was to file a harassment report with the police. Like calling 911 after an incident, whoever files the report first is generally considered the victim. Does it stop trouble from pursuing you? Probably not. But if something ever does happen, there’s a paper trail that leads all the way back to the first incident that this guy was threatening you. It may not save you in the moment, but it will help the prosecutor to convince a jury on your behalf.

7 Likes

Brother Robert,
I think you are funny and wise, honestly.
But the Last thing (for ME and me alone) is to make eye contact.
It;s like …I don’t know if I’m saying this right , a CHALLENGE! to some.
A direct "are you Ph…messin’ w/ me???
If you WANT to get in a fight that is a good way to go about it.
For me (again), I avoid fights as best I can. I have zero problem w/ ENDING a fight, but
starting one now in this climate is fool hardy.
If all my efforts to avoid, deescalate fail then game on ! a little Krav, a big steel toe! OC spray
whatever I have todo to end it fast I will do.

3 Likes

You want my advice?

Retreat to the home, just walk away, and call for help if it’s needed.

If you make it to your home, lock the door if you can retrieve a firearm with 911 on the line and defend yourself if need be.

3 Likes

Totally fair question…it’s not your homework if I am the one that claims it exists. I gotcha

So, the context was different, but I think the general idea is pretty universal (at least in the US generally), that eye contact is what pulls people in.

That specific one liner can be found at 13:47 mark

3 Likes

I am in condition white. I take what you say at face value. I feel like I am looking into someone’s soul when I look into their eyes. I look into their eyes to see what they need. I do what I can to give it. I believe we are all made in the image of God and we are the eyes of God. If God wants them healed He will.

4 Likes

You went over and above by not only providing a link, but by telling me when in the video. I would have been more than satisfied with a reference I could search for. Didn’t mean to give you one more thing to. I’ll give this a watch and a listen.

Sincere thanks!

5 Likes

OK Brother, Condition White… Good for you.

WWG1WGA

1 Like

Now I’m in yellow. Not because of what you said. Now I am awake.

2 Likes

Hey guys! what do u think about this stun pen?? I gotta get back to wk…but ill come back later this evening…
https://dealdrape.com/product/power-stun-pen/

I hope my wife doesn’t see it.:grimacing::flushed:

3 Likes

I vote no on those.

Pain compliance is unreliable and these require being within arms reach in addition to, when I’ve tested similarly personally, being about as painful as a good solid pinch.

Offer someone $20 to “fight” through being stunned by that and I think every able bodied guy I know would take you up on the offer and come back for more.

Pepper Spray. Get it in their eyes. POM, Sabre Red Crossfire, Fox Labs.

(pepper spray, while it hurts, doesn’t rely on that pain/annoyance, so much as it makes it hard to see well, makes it feel hard to breathe, reduces a persons ability to fight you or chase you…helps you break contact and get away)

6 Likes

$21.59. You probably get what you pay for, and may end up paying for what you got if you rely on it.

3 Likes

Do you have a link you can send me for that pepper spray??

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/POM-Black-Clip-Pepper-Spray/dp/B07FWJGBLR

https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Sabre-Red-Crossfire-Small/dp/B001C3YJ6U

2 Likes