National Dog Day

Low-tech home alarms that don’t need a connection to the internet or to be plugged in can be a lifesaver when the power is out – or at any time. They alert you when there’s someone in your yard or about to ring your doorbell, they also alert you when their bowl is empty at dinner time. Yes, I’m talking about our dogs. They can be an added line of awareness and defense in our homes. And they’re downright loveable!

Today is National Dog Day! In honor of your favorite low-tech home alarms, share a picture of your dog(s) below!

24 Likes

“Never knew a man not to be improved by a dog.”
Robert Ruark
IMG_7082

14 Likes

Look at this handsome fella, my best friend Bruno.

12 Likes

11 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

Here’s my knucklehead

11 Likes

I just picked him out on Saturday. I grew up with a white German shepherd and decided to follow my dream to have another after two rescues and one adoption. It was time to get a breed.

10 Likes

She just barked. It was the Amazon guy.

13 Likes

Looks like she got a part of him too.:wink::rofl:

4 Likes

12 Likes

sniper

9 Likes

9 Likes

They are noisy if nothing else.
Dogs on bed

15 Likes

Rowan-AmStaff 10 years old, rescued at 2 years old.
IMG_20210729_061257358~2|375x500

4 Likes

Berrin- Dachshund/terrier, 9 years old, rescued at 18 months.IMG_20210813_073433113|375x500

4 Likes

Gryffin- AmStaff/SharPei, 8 months, rescued at 4 months old.IMG_20210818_080517741|375x500

4 Likes

I miss the mixed-breed mutts my family used to have when I was a boy growing up. (I wish I had pictures). Not only were they great with us kids, but they didn’t put up with kids that were mean to us. I can remember more than once seeing one of the “mean” kids running away from our house after our dog started barking at him. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I agree, Huck is Staffy/Foxhound mix. He can smell out everything and attack it if need be😉

3 Likes

Shiloh (Male Shelty 18 months) and the granddaughter (LIBERTY- 15 months) on guard duty. :smiley:
Best friends.

9 Likes