Move guns to Alaska

How do you get to alaska with firearms if you’re driving.
I’ve had a dream of moving to south east Alaska for years and I own alot of guns and I don’t think I can drive through o canada with them so do you have to put your truck on a ship with your guns or what.
I hate to ship them and risk loss or damage plus alot of money for shipping and building a crate for safe transport.
Please and thank you DWAYNE

Good morning @Dwayne25! I talked with our Reciprocity guru here at the USCCA and this was her suggestion:

Since he has to travel through Canada to get there, I’d recommend working with an FFL for transport.

Talk to your local FFL and see how they can help.

Let us know when you make the big move!

1 Like

Last time I checked (which was quite awhile ago) you could fill out some paperwork beforehand and then check in with customs at the border in order to travel with firearms through Canada. Though there were limitations on the types and specifications of firearms you can transport and you would need to follow all their laws while traveling through. Probably easiest to go the FFL route if they don’t charge an arm and a leg. Maybe some of the hunters here who have traveled to Alaska have some suggestions?

What costumes do you recommend? I prefer Batman costumes.

Huess he corrected his spelling. Rats. I thought I made a good finny. :rofl:

2 Likes

Gotta love autocorrect;)

I think if you show up to Canadian customs with a bunch of firearms and “consumes” you some beer while wearing a GI Joe costume they will get a kick out of that. Though you may end up at an unplanned destination;)

Fixing it!

1 Like

My spell check ruined my joke. I should have checked it before posting. Backfired on me. :rofl:

2 Likes