More on Virginia

All I can say is wow.

5 Likes

That’s what? Two Corrections Officers and their supporting bookkeeping overhead? For a year?

4 Likes

I don’t think the amount of money is the issue for my incredulity, it’s that it would be done. It’s like they are deliberately prodding their constituency, in hopes of getting an over reaction so they can justify what they’re doing.

5 Likes

Oh, I do not disagree. Speaks to what the Governor is thinking. Simple practicality & ‘just getting people to think about what it is going to cost the State going forward’ Yes, the fact he would do it, has been answered.

4 Likes

This news is for me, a Virginian, one of the most disturbing parts of the whole subject. If this is true, it truly speaks to the ill intent of the bolshivek left in Richmond. God bless and protect us all.

5 Likes

Something tells me that Governor isn’t going to finish the term he was elected for. That same thing also tells me those antigunners who were elected won’t finish theirs either. I’d like to say I hope they’re all arrested and charged as traitors, but considering how polarized things have been lately…

7 Likes

I’ve been putting alot of thinking into this and I think this may be intentional. They are staking out all of these really extreme positions knowing it will get their constituents worked up, and then come in with less extreme positions, but still effectively bans certain classes of firearms (with a grandfather clause) and firearm registration. Then go see we listened to you and gave in and pro 2a citizens will settle down feeling like they won a victory. When in actuality they lost big time.

I mean this is a state that has been conservative for a long time and I can’t imagine that as riled up as the public is that they will forget in less than 2 years when election time rolls around what has been done. All they would have to do is simply vote in a conservative majority again to roll everything back. They aren’t codifying amendments to Virginia’s Constitution so it doesn’t require a statewide referendum. I don’t expect the NRA or the VDL will be sitting on the sidelines come next election.
(adds another layer of tin foil to hat):pleading_face:

4 Likes

I think that may be exactly what’s happening, if this is rational action. If it’s not rational, then its runaway glee and the desire to punish “us”. Either one is ugly and speaks to their sense that “they” know better than “we” do what’s good for us.

6 Likes

Ok @Zavier_D and @Zee

I have been doing my best to avoid this but I am beginning to see the light. Do either of you have easy to follow instructions for making one of your tin foil hats at home?

I dont want to spend money on something I can make myself when it seems I may need all I can get for ammo.

(not sure if I am joking or not right now)

5 Likes

YouTube is your friend in all things :wink:

7 Likes

I wasn’t sure if there were special mods you worked into the design (you being an engineer and all).

4 Likes

Well I used my Huskies “Cone of Shame” (a plastic cone that attached to collar to keep pupper from licking incessantly at a surgical site) and just keep adding layers of tin foil per conspiracy theory.:eyes::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

And that said…
Y’all know my dad was military. He was a military advisor to the king of Thailand during Vietnam. He has always known people who know things. He passed this year with a lot of things he still was not permitted to talk about.

He knows I’ve always been a preparedness kinda person. About two years ago he called called to ask questions about what we do to prep with an eye to improve what he was doing.

Make what you will of his making that phone call.

6 Likes

@Zee

Trust me, I understand. There are things I will have to take with me also. Funny the things you learn when you dont really want to know.

3 Likes

You know the phrase “Just when you think you’ve hit rock bottom… someone breaks out the pickaxe”? That applies to both politicians and tin foil

2 Likes
2 Likes

When a politician believes they are the be all end all in making law that goes against that which their constituents want and refuse to recognize and hear their voices and opinion, aside from violating their civil rights I don’t know what is required to remove them any quicker but I think it’s been too long that they’ve been allowed to do so without recourse.

The process for a vote of no confidence/recall is far to arduous and lengthy, the next few weeks and on coming year will be very telling, more states will see their gun grabbing legislators pulling the hold my beer move to out do each other.

3 Likes

@Spence There are recall petitions circulating in VA and I hope enough citizens are awake to sign them.

4 Likes

Nice, here in Michigan we are unable to petition for recall until they’ve been in office for a year. Believe me I’ve already signed the petition to recall ours, it can’t be submitted until January though.

4 Likes

‘The law is the law’: Virginia Democrats float prosecution and National Guard deployment if police don’t enforce gun control by Kerry Picket | December 11, 2019

Found a few days late, but I think part of the current conversation. It looks like this also helps point out something we should be conscientious about, citation of date in the link text or as part of the descriptive. While I didn’t find this until 27th, you’ll note it was initially published in the Washington Examiner on the 11th.

2 Likes