More of Words of Gun Wisdom from Joe Biden today

Oops, sorry about the accidental me me in my sentence, that belonged in the gun meme’s catagory. Be safe, Vote smart

2 Likes

Agreed, however, due to Biden’s apparent ignorance on the topic of firearms, a topic on which he continually gives horribly bad advice, such as this, and others that are criminal acts, it seems to be an accurate descriptor. Biden’s statement is egregiously ignorant and wrong.

James should have directed the diminutive descriptor at Biden’s statement, not Biden directly. People die, and sometimes very quickly, from being shot in the leg. Biden seemingly believes that leg wounds are non-lethal. My link to a news story is just one case of many that clearly illustrates how ignorant and wrong his statement is.

The media, or someone with knowledge of the topic of leg wounds, such as an ER doctor, should have provided information showing how ignorant and wrong, even if only from a medical point-of-view, his statement is. We know how ignorant and wrong his statement is from a firearm usage perspective. That perspective, we also know, would be ignored or ridiculed if one of us rebutted his statement in the MSM.

2 Likes

You are more than welcome to disagree with others, but the name-calling isn’t allowed. Someone could tell me the clouds are made up of cotton candy and insist that it’s true, but that doesn’t mean I get to call them names in the Community. Calling them a name takes away my credibility on any point I’m trying to make.

We both know that in a self-defense situation – no matter who you are – shooting in the leg will result in a miss more times than shooting center body mass. It increases the chance of hitting an innocent bystander and is a bad idea. But, that does not justify name-calling.

A good friend of mine frequently reminds me, don’t let the actions or words of another change who you are. Don’t let the negative, hurtful, or wrong comments of someone else make you lower your standards of who you are.

The goal here is productive conversation, not nastiness.

:slight_smile: OK, I’ll put my soapbox away… :smiley:

2 Likes

Again, I agree. I only used James’ statement as a reference. I understand that it is wrong, as I explained in my post. Neither did I use an ad hominem attack against Biden in my posts. I only referenced Biden’s comment as being ignorant, not Biden.

1 Like

Maybe if we accept that aiming at knee caps is more humane the number of misses will help build the case for automatic weapons… see the glass is half full…

2 Likes

Let someone go at Joe Biden with a knife and see how many times he gets shot by his guards.

2 Likes

For those old enough to remember Roy Rogers, he never shot the bad guy. He always shot the gun out of their hand.
Part of the problem is too many people only know the theatrical version of what a gun does.
Like a person shot with a Magnum handgun will fly at least twelve feet through the air.

3 Likes

What planet does Biden live on? Capping and non-lethal wounding shots went out twenty plus years ago. Is he living in a bubble? The only time lethal force is justified is in protection of life or to prevent sexual assault. Warning shots are only in the movies Joe.

1 Like

Biden? :innocent:

1 Like

Must have been a “P” rated round, we all know the +P+ rounds will make a charging bull fly across a field. I couldn’t believe it when I first read about that. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

He IS that stupid. He is from Del. and I live in an adjacent state so I heard about him a lot. He says stupid things and spends most of his time back peddling. He is an idiot. I don’t know how the people of Del. kept electing him.

1 Like

If you had a goose that laid golden eggs, would you care how smart it was?

2 Likes

You’d love.to teach him about center mass?? REALLY? This guy is a know it all Jerk like EVERYBODY HERE is in agreeance. Or dont we have the right to use insults and NON foul language just between us in regards to lowlife who outwardly insist ALL OF US 2ND AMMENDMENT SUPPORTERS, The entire right wing portion of this nation and insult people to their faces at rallies or on his basement in a spaced out incoherent manner and accept that? I thought this is where we join together or have freedom of speech, our first amendment right on this site, or I guess not. Nobody is swearing, nobody using violent language futile little children we’re told to be respectful of the MKST DISRESPECTFUL PERSON in the public eye, Unbelieveable! Sometimes I feel I’m in mr Roger’s neighborhood. Ioke the other guys response to you suggesting we show BITEN all about center mass, “I’ll tell him next time he calls”, good one. Sorry, he IS a Jerk, everybody hear and all.kver this country feel the same. Hes the spokesman AGAINST EVERYTHING THE USCCA STANDS FOR AS WELL AS THE NRA AND OUR CONSTITUTION, and we’re being told to be respectful of him? This is unreal. Never thought I’d hear an anti first ammendment request from this organization!

Compromise, shoot them in the groin.

2 Likes

Disrespectful conversation and name calling does nothing to improve the public impression of responsibly armed Americans and nothing to advance any sort of productive conversation.

If we want others to respect our right to have our viewpoint, we need to respect others right to have their viewpoint. I am not asking you to agree with anyone, I’m asking everyone to be respectful in their disagreement.

Name calling and personal attacks are not allowed in the USCCA Online Community. This is a place for everyone - no matter what their background - to come together and learn from each other and the USCCA how to best protect themselves and their loved ones.

2 Likes

@George5 That will also take care of birth rate problems. That would be a twofer in my book. :+1:

2 Likes

Well Dawn I will respect your request. As of this reply I’m unsubscribing from theses weekly updates. I find the training videos, the CCW magazine, videos and tactical / Gun talk worthwhile and after all the main thing I joined for is the protection. If your members are allowed to share thoughts and feelings as long as they’re good and happy thoughts, that’s all fine and good. However as a lot, a WHOLE LOT of your members here obviously through their shared comments, have shown the last person they feel respectful of is the idiot who is running for president. You dont get respect when you’re a jerk and constantly bad mouthing all who dont vote for him! He says hes the canidate for the black Americans and then tells everybody if you dont vote for him YOU’RE NOT BLACK?? He embarrasses himself and family by calling his wife his sister and his sister his wife, amongst insulting people publicly for disagreeing with him and calling them harsh names! And you say we should RESPECT HIM, if we’re to expect him to listen to and respect us?? He will NEVER listen to or Ever respect.us! He doesnt live in the real world, Unreal. Hes no different than any other Dictator, and this is a , excuse the language, a Person who IF elected will have taking away our second ammendment rights at TOP of his agenda!! Hes said that repeatedly on the campaign trail! He said he would appoint that other Idiot Beto who was one of the other 40 candidates on the left for president. And that idiot said he WILL GO DOOR TO DOOR AND CONFISCATED ALL.OUR GUNS! Bidden wants him to be in charge of gun control! Do these guys deserve RESPECT? If so, then so did Hitler! Sorry, a person like that DOES NOT DESERVE RESPECT. Especially from members of an organization who’s supposed to protect those rights. That’s why I always hated these open forums. They ARE open, but only if you follow restrictions which in this case restricts the openness of our freedom of thought and expression. So again I will honor your rules and bow out of these types of restricted forums in lieu of a Lot of other useful and interesting areas in my dashboard. Stay safe! Mike

I’m sorry for the misunderstanding here, @Michael358. We’re not asking everyone to only share good/happy thoughts or that you like everyone. We’re asking all thoughts be shared in a respectful manner.

Name calling and personal attacks do not help advance a conversation nor do they change anyone’s opinion of the topic at hand.

1 Like

I don’t think he would be able to grasp the idea. Biden cant even string 4 words together.

3 Likes

I had that discussion with a guy at work many years ago. He couldn’t / wouldn’t understand why it would be so hard to hit small moving targets. After all they do it on tv and in the movies all the time. I hope I finally got through his fat head that when someone is coming at you with evil in his heart, taking the large target is more reasonable.

2 Likes