Molon Labe!

Molon Labe! While it might be ancient Greek, it’s as important today as it was in 480 BC.

FB_Link_Molon_Labe_Shirts_09-23-2020
Get this awesome new shirt now!

What other historical time periods do you reference during these uncertain times?

8 Likes

To quote my favorite movie

THIS IS SPARTA.

5 Likes

:boom: April 18,1775 :boom:

3 Likes

Gladiator with Russell Crowe love this line.

4 Likes

I’m lucky to be ok since Covid19 hit us.
It’s hard to compare these days to other times, but during discussions I refer to “Black Death Plague in Europe - 1347-1351”, telling “thx God we live in XXI Century”.

5 Likes

The mask on the shirt is similar to the one worn by the Gladiator.

3 Likes

Other historical time periods…hmmmm?

Fall of The Roman Empire…

“If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.”

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.”

“And when Rome falls–the World.”

The apocalypse…

“And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back”

“Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown”

"Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe”

None of which would probably make good t-shirt slogans…sorry, feeling a little dour this morning…

8 Likes

The city of Rome may have been sacked, but I’d like to dispute fall of civilization of Rome. Still standing, as a matter of fact.

3 Likes

I often reference T Jefferson
“The tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants from time to time. For that is it’s natural manure.”
And the book of Revelation
19:11-“Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.”
‭‭One is the past, the other is the future.
And in the present
“If a man has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy a sword”-Jesus of Nazareth.

4 Likes

I’m just gonna leave this here

Not just Sparta: White Supremacist Admiration of Athens

Thanks especially to the work of Sarah Bond and Myke Cole, the general public is increasingly familiar with white supremacists’ fetishization of Classical Sparta as a supposedly racially pure, hyper-masculine, hyper-militarized model for the totalitarian ethnostate they seek to bring about. Sparta is the ancient touchstone for hate groups that Pharos documentsmost frequently. What may surprise many people, however, is that Classical Athens, popularly understood to be the ancient world’s beacon of democracy, cultural and intellectual accomplishment, and the polar opposite of Sparta, is promoted by white supremacists as a model for emulation as well. This appropriation of Athens in support of hateful politics poses a different kind of challenge to historians than the appropriation of Sparta does. The Sparta invoked by hate groups has little in common with the way our society is currently structured, but in Athens the hate groups find a model for how our existing political system can serve the white nationalist project.

Give me a friggin break…Greek culture has been admired/emulated by the west since forever…not just white supremacists …

I’ll just leave this here…

One of the most liberal schools in the Country…USC Trojans…

Midwest version of it…Michigan State Spartans…

Every heard of a little thing called the Olympics wonder where we got that as an expression of hyper masculinity competition…

Well there are those racist video games played by millions…

Why can’t a culture be appreciated without racism coming into it? You know I hear white supremacists really love BBQ also…should we now shun BBQ becuase it’s racist? GTFO…

Racism isn’t behind every little thing…but some people work awfully damn hard to be offended and to find offense…congratulations, you triggered me this morning…FFS.

9 Likes

Quite correct…I corrected myself…thanks, and I just now got your moniker… :rofl:

1 Like

If you just ignore them it will pi$$ them off even more and they will go away. :wink: (Heavy Sigh).
I have been getting quite good at it lately.

5 Likes

No need for hostility today gentlemen, check out the links in my comment…makes for a good read at the least.

The 300, shaka Zulu, Ghangis Khan, Saladin, miyamoto musashi,

Etc, etc, bls, bla, blah… warrior society (from history) are not exclusive to any culture or ethnicity.

3 Likes

People should spend more time focusing on their own positive accomplishments rather than blaming others for what they didn’t do…

3 Likes

Spartans threw babies off the cliff, very progressive of them.

3 Likes

What’s your point?
Sudanese took slaves from 1983 to 2005. Should we now conclude something from that?

1 Like

And on the other end of the spectrum. :us:

6 Likes

We rip them apart in medical clinics.

7 Likes