Mike Lindell video

I used to work for a fair number of those people. I know a whole bunch more people who used to work with/for a whole bunch more of those people. It isn’t a theory, and usually isn’t even a conspiracy. It’s mostly a bad attitude based on wrong priorities fueled by classic narcissism. The very first class in my series of intel schools was literally sub-titled “You are NOT James Bond.” They should have made everyone repeat that block of instruction twice a year…especially the officers and senior NCOs! Nowadays, I’d have to include all those poorly vetted civilian contractors who outnumber the uniform personnel. Yes, Virginia, there IS a Deep State!

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you 100%!

1 Like

That’s actually kind of interesting. It’s reminiscent of the old conventional wisdom that the elected (temporary) officials aren’t as powerful as the entrenched, career bureaucrats. There was a tale of a secretary in the White House whose career spanned several Presidents from both parties. People used to joke that she did more to influence U.S. history than the powerful men who temporarily inherited the Oval Office. The term “Deep State” sounds much more nefarious.

When career bureaucrats choose partisan sides and/or attempt to undermine their duly elected bosses, they have ZERO legitimacy upon which to act and that is very, very nefarious if you care about stuff like liberty, oppression, or official corruption.

1 Like

Thanks for helping me to understand this. I have, of course, heard about this before but never in such a clear and direct way.

I believe that there are career civil servants who try to influence policy and the day-to-day of government on the basis of their own beliefs and ideas. Is this not why people work in government in the first place? I don’t believe in a conspiracy of such. Such a conspiracy would have to be large and you know what they say about keeping a secret, “three can keep a secret if two of them are dead.” A large conspiracy of civil servants influencing policy in a specific and coordinated way would be reported on, they could not keep it a secret. If for no other reason than that someone would want their fifteen minutes.

Reality is not a function of who believes. It just is. An argument saying that something is true/untrue on the basis of who believes it is a very bad argument.

I think that it is quite natural for civil servants to be Democrats and progressive thinkers and so to want some of the same things. Is it surprising that such people opposed Trump? Does it have to be a conspiracy?

:thinking::rofl: :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: Oh boy.

(tactical breathing…counting to 10 slowly…more slow, deep breathing)

So every single jury trial ever…

Oh, Hell. Nevermind. SMH

2 Likes

Just saying that if the conspiracy existed we would know names, job titles, and relative importance within the cabal. That we have no idea after 4 years of Trump is telling. Did the Trump Justice Department not investigate? If so, what did they find. If not, why not?

Juries can be just as wrong as anybody else.

No, of course not. People take jobs to earn a living, rarely because they seek to influence the company based on their beliefs. I surely have not taken any positions for that reason, not even my wife who is a corporate officer took the job for that reason, it was strictly for financial gain.

You clearly did not read the story, that was not the point.

You should read this, it is enlightening, even if you do not agree with the writer’s opinion, which I do not agree with all of it, but it is interesting to read, even if quite long.

Yes, it is. What is reality? That which you “know”. What defines truth? Usually a consensus of opinion. Many believe in God, that is reality (real) to them. Insanity is the belief of one compared to the majority’s belief that your reality is “crazy”.

That is just your opinion. I work in government. I certainly am not a Democrat, and I know many others that also you would never accuse of such, either.

Progressive thought is not typical of Democratic politicians, regressive and oppressive are, so it would be unusual for a person to be a Democrat and be “progressive”. But clearly that is not the definition of the word you intended.

1 Like

Plato wrote about simple people only being able to see moving shadows on the wall. But we are not like Plato, we are smarter, we would know exactly whats going on, because we have CNN, NYT, MSNBC, the fine examples of journalism.

1 Like