Mid-size 380 with no grip safety? Ideas?

I have a student looking for a 380 with no grip safety. She’s got big hands so we’re looking for a mid- to full-sized frame, not a subcompact. She likes my m&p 380EZ, but is not a fan of the grip safety. Ideas?

Your m&p has a grip safety?

1 Like

@bulldog Yep, and a manual safety. (I don’t carry it but I use it for teaching). I could have ordered it without the manual safety, but I’m not finding a no-grip-safety one available.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-380-shield-ez-0

Huh. Here in the Red Bear Republic the Shield hads to have the thumb safety and mag disconnect. Never seen a grip safety on one.

1 Like

Don’t tell me I’m gonna have to order a California gun… :woman_facepalming: :laughing:

I’ll have to check and see if .380 EZ Shield on the CA gun roster. Can’t have the Comrades hurting themselves. UPDATE: Not on CA approved roster.

1 Like

Zee @Zee. I thought The M&P were made both ways, that is with and without the external safety switch? I don’t know why a person would not want a safety but I think it’s just a good idea but I guess younger people from later generations like myself a baby boomer don’t like a safety. I guess it’s part of what makes America great is we have companies who give us so much variety. But I’m sure there’s something out there for her.

1 Like

Zee @Zee. Can you sell her your’s and get yourself a new gun? :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:Or should I just zip it up :flushed:

1 Like

I new gun? :smiley:
No actually mine has the grip safety and that’s what she doesn’t like. I’ve seen them with and without the manual safeties but I haven’t seen any of the 380EZs without the grip safety.

@Zee I got you. Well I’m sure some manufacturer somewhere has just what’s wanted Zee

1 Like

Beretta 84 FS Cheetah. I used to have one, wish I didn’t sell it. Little unusual sights, but once you understood them they were great!

Not sure if you can find new in US, but good used ones are out there.

1 Like

Glock 42? Not exactly mid-sized but, you can always put on a magazine extender for the pinky. Sig P238 and Ruger LCP 2 are good choices as well, though they are smaller. Hope this is helpful.

1 Like

Springfield 911
S&W M&P Bodyguard
Ruger LCP II

1 Like

What about the Ruger LC380? It’s a little bigger than the LCP/LCPII and only has a manual safety.

2 Likes

Sigg p232 or Sigg p230 8 rounds no grip safety single double action with decocker wonderful about the same size as a walther ppk both in 380.nice grip for bigger hands grips are bigger than her walther to fill up your hand .I haveee one of each single stack mag

1 Like

Y’all are giving me lots of options here :smiley: time to go shopping!

and welcome to the group @Mark_P1!

thanks I think when you hold hat gun I mentioned you’ll love it , its extremely well made and fits in your hand nicely.

1 Like

How about a Bersa Thunder .380?

2 Likes

Since you say subcompact is not what is being sought, I will not suggest the Taurus 738, which is 10 oz, and the slide locks back on an empty mag…

But, there is the Bersa Thunder and the Walther PP, PPK, or PPK/s, might be potentially good choices.

2 Likes

Ask a South paw and you’ll have the answer to why no safety. :grinning:

1 Like