Mid-size 380 with no grip safety? Ideas?

I have a student looking for a 380 with no grip safety. She’s got big hands so we’re looking for a mid- to full-sized frame, not a subcompact. She likes my m&p 380EZ, but is not a fan of the grip safety. Ideas?

Your m&p has a grip safety?

1 Like

@bulldog Yep, and a manual safety. (I don’t carry it but I use it for teaching). I could have ordered it without the manual safety, but I’m not finding a no-grip-safety one available.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-380-shield-ez-0

Huh. Here in the Red Bear Republic the Shield hads to have the thumb safety and mag disconnect. Never seen a grip safety on one.

1 Like

Don’t tell me I’m gonna have to order a California gun… :woman_facepalming: :laughing:

I’ll have to check and see if .380 EZ Shield on the CA gun roster. Can’t have the Comrades hurting themselves. UPDATE: Not on CA approved roster.

1 Like

Zee @Zee. I thought The M&P were made both ways, that is with and without the external safety switch? I don’t know why a person would not want a safety but I think it’s just a good idea but I guess younger people from later generations like myself a baby boomer don’t like a safety. I guess it’s part of what makes America great is we have companies who give us so much variety. But I’m sure there’s something out there for her.

1 Like

Zee @Zee. Can you sell her your’s and get yourself a new gun? :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:Or should I just zip it up :flushed:

1 Like

I new gun? :smiley:
No actually mine has the grip safety and that’s what she doesn’t like. I’ve seen them with and without the manual safeties but I haven’t seen any of the 380EZs without the grip safety.

@Zee I got you. Well I’m sure some manufacturer somewhere has just what’s wanted Zee

1 Like

Beretta 84 FS Cheetah. I used to have one, wish I didn’t sell it. Little unusual sights, but once you understood them they were great!

Not sure if you can find new in US, but good used ones are out there.

1 Like

Glock 42? Not exactly mid-sized but, you can always put on a magazine extender for the pinky. Sig P238 and Ruger LCP 2 are good choices as well, though they are smaller. Hope this is helpful.

1 Like

Springfield 911
S&W M&P Bodyguard
Ruger LCP II

1 Like

What about the Ruger LC380? It’s a little bigger than the LCP/LCPII and only has a manual safety.

2 Likes

Sigg p232 or Sigg p230 8 rounds no grip safety single double action with decocker wonderful about the same size as a walther ppk both in 380.nice grip for bigger hands grips are bigger than her walther to fill up your hand .I haveee one of each single stack mag

1 Like

Y’all are giving me lots of options here :smiley: time to go shopping!

and welcome to the group @Mark_P1!

thanks I think when you hold hat gun I mentioned you’ll love it , its extremely well made and fits in your hand nicely.

1 Like