Member holster swap on USCCA

As lots of folks seem to have extra holsters laying about for various reasons, perhaps we can start posting them here with a pic as a swap site? Community is easily searchable for specific models. And shipping is only about $10 priority. Could save lots of us a bit a money buying and trying new ones, if they’re just sitting in a garage box anyway.

For example:

I have an extra AG cloak 3.5 that fits a _____.

And or

I’m looking for a Galco ____ that fits a ___.

Maybe this has been tried before. IDK. If this is not allowed, my apologies.

10 Likes

It was talked about in the beginning of the community being formed. Haven’t seen any follow up however.

2 Likes

I would think that it could/would go in the same buy/sell classified section I’ve proposed a few times.

4 Likes

I brought this up before and @Dawn said they were considering doing it. Perhaps a table at the USCCA Expo for bringing in your extra holters. Just tie a tag to it with what gun it’s for and leave it. A “first come first serve” for the interested party. But since the Expo has been postponed…

2 Likes

That’s one of the things I was really disappointed about over the Expo. They had said you couldn’t take your gun out for any reason, and I really wanted to try and find a good holster for my Glock 30 other than the Kydex one I have while I was there.

I’ve had a few suggested but wound up not liking them.

1 Like

I think it’s a great idea. I"ll play. We could just keep it here and PM anyone for an address, etc.

2 Likes

100% Correct. If we had 1000 people in the expo hall removing their firearm from their holster we would have a huge safety risk.

Best way I’ve found a new holster (besides purchasing and wearing them - which unfortunately is really the only way to try them) is go to a retailer that has the gun you have and holsters and stand at the gun counter and try them out. I’ve had no issue doing this when it wasn’t busy at the store. HOWEVER, if it’s busy, I won’t even ask out of respect for the safety of everyone in the store.

5 Likes

After checking into this, we are not able to host a holster exchange due to numerous circumstances.

If y’all want to exchange among yourselves, I won’t stop you. That would be a private situation between you and the person you talk to. Behavior and commentary must stay within the Community Guidelines.

Thanks!~Dawn

4 Likes

3 Likes

@Dawn- So we can ask if you have such an such I would be interested,
or do we ask if you have such and such PM me ? I get confused easily… :crazy_face:

I wasn’t complaining, I understand the reasoning. I was just mentioning the policy.

I’ve done that. Someone at member service gave me an idea. I’m just about $650 into Holsters and haven’t found what I was looking for.

4 Likes

Got any spares for a Glock 27? (…Go fish!)

2 Likes

No Glock 27’s here, go fish. Got any Holsters for a Glock 30?.

1 Like

Do the G27 and 30 use the same holster? Anyone have both?

1 Like

You are more than welcome to have an open discussion here - unless y’all get unruly!

The USCCA is not responsible for any holster swaps you all want to do amongst yourselves.

PLEASE DO NOT PUT PERSONAL ADDRESSES ON THE PUBLIC PAGES.

If you want to send a holster @Zavier_D, please exchange private information over a private message do not post addresses on the main thread.

Does that help?

5 Likes

I’m sorry I was just joking.

1 Like

Loud and clear, ma’am :ok_hand:

1 Like

I heard every word that you typed. :grin:

1 Like

I would really like a IWB holster for a Springfield XDm with a 3.8 barrel. Never
had a IWB would like to see how it rides - here in Fl with 90 degree temps.
Thank you so very much. Mike_T

1 Like

I think the fastest and most secure way to communicate about sell/buy will be to post request by anyone who needs particular holster only.
Responses can be done over PM.
We will avoid unnecessary public posts then.

6 Likes