Medical Carry

Where I live concealed carry in posted non government establishment is only a violation of trespass laws. If you carry and are outed the owner can request you to leave. If you leave, no foul, if you refuse to leave the police can be called and if you still refuse it is a trespass misdemeanor.
Most if not all clinics, hospitals and doctors offices are posted, no weapons, firearms or a variation of prohibition signs. It has occurred in some places criminals have gained access to firearms and wounded staff and/or patients. I choose to carry in these places in the event this could happen when I am present. I judge what and how I carry by the place and purpose of my visit. I know a lot of people carry in restaurants and such with the option of going elsewhere. With medical facilities this may or may not be an option. Am I the only one who does this? Thoughts?

3 Likes

Yes this has happened where LEOs had a prisoner who overpowered an LEO and got his gun.
And that’s not even considering the ripe target a hospital is.
If I am driving someone to an appointment I carry, if I am being driven she carries.
“Its not a problem until its a problem” Be very discreet and careful.
I don’t like to go BBAAAAAAAA. :wink:

1 Like

I am very careful. That is why I carry depending on where and for what I am going. Most of the time my Kahr P380 in a pants pocket works really good. Sometimes I let my wife carry in her purse, She also has a CCP, for this very reason.

2 Likes

I’m in the same kind of place, if found out, you can be asked to leave and if you dont, its trespassing.

NAA mini revolver FTW

1 Like

If I am going to the dr, then no. If I am just the chauffeur, then yes. Obviously in accordance with local laws. In Illinois it’s a punishable crime to ignore the sign/carry in a prohibited place. I frequently drive my wife to St Louis to a dr, and in Missouri it’s just the “we can ask you to leave, police called if you refuse” scenario.

It’s hard to hide a gun from a person who expects me to lift my shirt. :rofl:

1 Like

That is why I carry a pocket 380. I may have to remove my pants, but not empty my pockets.

2 Likes

I have found that it truly depends upon the medical establish you are visiting. The time I was in they wanted to weigh me for starters, and I said I had to get rid of some weight first. My nurse was a country gal and had no issues at all. My doctor had no issues, either. Just don’t go to places that freak out over something as simple as a pistol.

2 Likes

That’s why I only get medical care from farm veterinarians. They’re cheaper, faster, and unrattled by firearms. Just don’t go there if you have a broken leg; they might put you down.

1 Like