Medical ankle kit recommendations

I’ve started looking for one and there are so many ot there I don’t where to start. My main reason for purchasing one is I want to be prepared if I get shot in a self defense shooting.

3 Likes

Are you looking specifically for ankle kit?

1 Like

Yes. I checked out Mountain Medical kits, but they are on extended back orders. I’ve thought about building one from scratch but don’t know where to start.

You can check North American Rescue. They have a really good stuff you can choose from.
I think building custom kit is a great idea. When you look at “ready” kits there is usually something that is either missing or not needed.

Check what do you need for yourself (I’m the person who treats my trauma kit as needed for me only) - so not too much stuff, otherwise you will need big pants. Then find nice and not bulky ankle wrap.

I’m not a fun of ankle gear, but this seems to be a good design:

The point is to avoid circle wrap and not get a bulky leg.

2 Likes

These are sturdy. Stay in place well, all day. Ain’t gonna work with no “skinny” jeans. Will leave a flat spot where the hook and loop closes. Rotate the whole rig to minimize printing.

3 Likes

Good on you for going into edc medical!

I haven’t used ankle medical but I hear good things about the war Poet Society networks

2 Likes

Everyone, especially those carrying holsters, should at least have a tourniquet close at hand.

1 Like

My nephew uses Warrior Poet’s rig.

Rob Pincus uses and ankle rig for medical but I don’t remember which one. You might find it on his site. If you emailed him and asked, he’d likely email you back.

Wilderness Tactical makes a medical ankle rig. If I were looking into it, I’d give them a hard look.

North American Rescue has good stuff. I have one of their IFAKs in or attached to my EDC bag. But that’s not an ankle rig.

1 Like

John 1262 if you are thinking about a homemade ankle first aid kit so if you are shot, then you would want to have a blood clotting bandage maybe two if its a through and through you can plug both sides, then also a roll of coban wrapping it’s good stuff to hold bandage in place, then some kind of turnaquate for arms and legs. Now if you are helping someone else you should have some inspection gloves like the doctor use in the operating room because you don’t know whats in there blood that could be a blood borne pathogen so you want to be careful in helping a victim. Now the four items is what I carry in my Tommygunpack that also holds my weapon and spare magazines I know you may just want a ankle one but you may find that you might want more and it will not fit the ankle one, so take a little thought of other body locations. STAY ALERT DON’T GET HURT. :sunglasses::us::+1::cactus:

1 Like