Mayor declares Pledge of Allegiance won't be recited at meetings any longer —

3 Likes

It’d be great if they could remove religion from schools; replacing it with patriotic work instead.

3 Likes

Run for public office so they can trash America

Like the transgender Olympic team member whose goal is to represent America, win, then can burn the American flag at the podium.

It’s a mental health issue.

7 Likes

Brad, if you like you may join the Chinese each morning reciting the Communist Code of dedication to the motherland, then go to work, you will not need the school to teach you how to break rocks or shovel Bat droppings. Please, wear a mask while shoveling.

Larry

5 Likes

Why would you type that?

1 Like

My opinion of what you said. Change my mind

Larry

3 Likes

What schools, other than parochial, have religion in them? It wasn’t back 50+ years ago when I was in school.

I guess my question is what this has to do with China and apersonal public attack?

School are for teaching, not indoctrinating chindren (religion is a lot more like what they teach in China than I am…or say, math is).

Just like Amazon is for selling things, not diving into politics.

1 Like

This is the type Communist that needs immediate recall.

1 Like

And what does your comment about religion in schools (non-existent for at least 50+ years) have anything to do with this thread?

I’d be glad if they taught critical thinking.

3 Likes

The people of Silverton should ask the mayor to step down. Cancel culture S*** getting to the mayor, he doesn’t even deserve that title. Good for some of the trustees for calling him out!! Anyone who don’t want to stand or even say the pledge of allegiance should leave the UNITED STATES IMMEDIATELY!!!

3 Likes

I believe in the past he/she would likely have been tarred and feathered and chased out of town.

2 Likes

There was a girl in my 6th grade class who suddenly stopped participating in the Pledge of Allegiance. No one talked about it, and I didn’t understand why until years later that she had become a Jehovah’sWitness.

1 Like

:hushed: guess it is getting more common nowadays. I can remember kindergarten all through most of high school first thing, that is what we did.

2 Likes

My apologies. I assumed that you’d read it.

“one Nation under God”

1 Like

thought the whole reason we have fought against tyranny for 250ish years is to establish and maintain a republic that endorses freedom.
Personally, I’m in the “recite it if you want, and don’t if you don’t want to” category, but quit pushing your ideals on others.
Seems ironic how the “woke left” was the group to initially be offended by everything, but these days it seems both sides are offended by everything, and now I feel like it’s “snowflakes to the left, snowflakes to the right.”
Reading folks condemning while promoting cancel culture on this thread is pretty sad.

I wish my life was as black and white as yours seems to be. That would be…freeing, to say the least!

Everything is indoctrination. We want Americans to be American, no?

What i’m saying is that schools are for teaching things like English and math (which we’re failing terribly at) and whatever the topic is. That could be religion in a course about religion, Marxism in a course about Marxism, Internaltional Law, or basket weaving…you get the idea ( I hope).

I can’t speak for others, and I dont’ condone cancel culture in general, but I also don’t want our future (kids…) being taught a thing instead of providing exposure as opinion and then how to think on their own.

And good luck on the freedom front, as it isn’t all inclusive. Just leave your house and harm somene because you’re free to do so. We have the best overall system available today, but it is far from perfect.

dang, I was agreeing with you…guess I’m outta’ here for awhile. Social media…heck, media in general…sucks.

2 Likes

We’re not picking on each other, just conversing. don’t go! :slight_smile:

1 Like