Martial Law before November? What do you think?

Ditto on a lot of what has already been said here.

My advise, stock up (prep) on stuff that maybe hard to get. Remember there is always an “October Surprise” What more can they do to top Riots and Wuhan Flu, whatever it is it will be bad.

For November and post election, when Trump wins can you imagine what the cities will look like. If you live close to a city, think about trying to sell your house before property values tank. Or, at least have a get out of town plan.

6 Likes

That leads me to an off topic subject but is relatable. Do I stay in my fortified home (impact resistant) or do I purchase an RV, and where do you go when the whole shebang looks like Portland? There will be nowhere to run!
Stocking up seems to be the best, but once power is gone and food supplies dwindle we’re all done!
How to really survive a World War Z?
My wife just mentioned something interesting. If Trump wins the fallout will be immediate, if Biden wins it will be a slow death!

8 Likes

Awareness item.

It’s not very long.

7 Likes

As Karl Marx himself said, history repeats twice, first as tragedy, then as farce. I don’t buy his economic or hateful social theories, but I believe the man on this quote. The Bentley Bolsheviks and “trained marxists” in the gutter will just make asses of themselves. They can break lots of windows though.

4 Likes

I think it would affect a lot of people who carry. Especially people that live in major cities. Personally, I hate politics. It brings out the worst in people (or it shows everyone peoples true side).

3 Likes

Unless things get completely out of control all over the country I don’t think we will have to declare martial law but come January 21, if Mr. Biden is elected and the Democrats take both houses of the Congress it becomes a more likely scenario as they want to control everybody. My theory is they will declare it to deal with the Covid-19 virus and then use it to confiscate our guns and to make sure they stay in power. Biden himself is not much of a threat but AOC and her squad have already shown their disdain for the Constitution and Declaration of Independence.

5 Likes

Relatively slow, but not as slow as many of us seem to think. The Commies are done playing games, folks.

5 Likes

Welcome, how do you plan to give up your weapons? Better yet, how do we go about keeping them?

2 Likes

The bottom line in a martial law scenario is that citizens will have to do whatever they are told by ALL military personnel or face detention or being killed. THAT is martial law. You will have ZERO rights. None. The Constitution gets suspended. The courts no longer have jurisdiction. It is totalitarianism…period.

I think most people think of something else when they say “martial law” in an American context. The last experience Americans have with nationwide martial law was the Civil War. Even then, the US gov’t still held elections in 1864 and Lincoln never suspended Congress or the Supreme Court (he tried, but failed). But our elections were different in those days than they are today.

You are about to watch your national government fall apart, not the other way around. Washington DC is rapidly balkanizing. We lived in a 2 party state. The cooperation and coexistence of those 2 parties was essential to the peaceful functioning of the State (gov’t). That’s gone. There won’t be federal martial law. The Pentagon has already made that clear. There will not be a peaceful transfer of power this coming winter.

3 Likes

Wow! Doesn’t that sound like a period in time that people have not forgotten about! So, in essence, prying it from my cold dead hands, won’t be just a saying on my T-shirt?

There hasn’t been peaceful transfer since 2016. Unfortunately this transfer may be bloody! Can’t believe I just said that, but there are still statues and monuments that are still standing that reminds us of what could be!

4 Likes

Fortunately, I have a Country Sheriff that would deputize every gun owner if someone tried to impose martial law.

2 Likes

Well, that’s fine and admirable and all that jazz, but does your sheriff have Apache attack helicopters, M1 Abrams battle tanks, artillery batteries, A-10 Thunderbolts, B1 bombers, high tech tactical intelligence units, electronic warfare units, and chemical warfare capabilities…all trained and equipped with night vision and infrared laser guided weapons at his disposal? …because your National Guard does.

2 Likes

…and how many Guardsmen and women will fire upon fellow citizens? None of us can answer that with any certainty. Ergo, martial law could quickly devolve into civil war.

3 Likes

I don’t seem to recall insurgents, Taliban, or Isis having any of those…but have proven to be somewhat formidable in their chosen tactics.

2 Likes

I watch what’s happening now and I’m not as confident now as I was that it will never happen. I’m old and out if shape but feel I could still be a pretty good partisan for a constitutional government. I don’t see a legitimate call to arms in the future. I do see chaos and riots building and incited by the political parties and a need to be hyper vigilant. I do wonder, where are the modern Thomas Paine’s, and Abe Lincolns today?

4 Likes

Look for the private residence being ‘protested’. That’s where your most likely to find them these days.

2 Likes

Just ask the former students at Kent State about that.

3 Likes

Your recollection is inaccurate and…hopefully…the county sheriff and his posse are not going to adopt the tactics of ISIS or the Taliban. Public executions, slavery, torture, use of children as human shields, etc. Nasty stuff. And ISIS used drone swarms and chlorine gas attacks, had M1 Abrams tanks and artillery. How many US troops directly engaged ISIS formations in combined arms ground combat?

Hoping the enemy won’t attack you is not a strategy. And, yes, Sun Tzu DID say that.

1 Like

That was not under martial law, and certainly not against armed opponents.

1 Like