Marine Who Protected NYC Train Passengers Charged With Manslaughter

Yes. But one, it’s NYC. Two, it’s NYC. Three, it’s NYC. The pattern is consistent in most - if not all - Blue states/cities - except Honolulu HI.

6 Likes

Almost every city I’ve ever been to has the same dynamic. There are some very bad areas where you should never wander into. And there are some very nice, safe areas for tourists.

Honolulu is much nicer than most cities I’ve been to, but then again, it’s almost entirely funded by tourism and military. Maybe that’s the difference? Or maybe it’s because the homeless there can do just as well at any remote beach? I don’t know, you’ve made an interesting observation.

2 Likes

I was for many years a resident there. You are correct about the tourism and military but you forgot about the Asian - particularly Japan - corporate entities who have tremendous influence on local politics. In Waikiki and other tourist areas of the islands you may have noticed that much of the signage is in Japanese. That is not just a courtesy - that is a bought and paid for regulation. Same for gun control. Hawaii is unique among all the states. Its’ ethnicity is largely Asian therefore much of its’ politics reflects that. It’s still a beautiful state and a place where from my own experience a gun is not needed.

4 Likes

I am Army but I feel the same way. I would be there to show support for him hooah :us: :man_in_motorized_wheelchair: :military_helmet:

4 Likes

Just got back from New York City, Manhattan last night. Had a great time in all but one area, China Town, we were literally not allowed in 3 out of the 3 restaurants we stepped into. They simply didn’t want white tourists in their establishments. We didn’t feel unsafe anywhere on the island , My son made a very wise observation about disarming a society. First, NYC is a particularly rude society, they have a complete different set/lack of manners than other places so arming 8 million inconsiderate citizens would probably end up bad. The other one was, and I thought was the most important, there is nowhere in the areas we went to that you could point and not have 50-100-200 people in the back ground, the risk of collateral damage would be astronomical.

7 Likes

Yes, call the Left’s new team: SWAT!
(Social Workers And Therapists)
I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that 911 recording in every large US city some time soon.

7 Likes

“Hello, 911? There are two armed men breaking into my house!”

“How does that make you feel?”

8 Likes

Lived in Waipahu for many years, arrived when H2 was completed, when it was mostly still Hawaiian/Polynesian. I assure you there were some parts of Oahu/Honolulu that were, shall we say, “ no go zones “.

There were certain parts where the best weed in the world was grown, the very same places you could pick some shrooms, but I digress! Very dangerous! You could smell those buds from the top of Diamondhead!

From a Brooklyn boy, the most beautiful people I have ever met! If it weren’t for a divorce I would never have left! I loved it there. It’s the only place in the world, you can wake up with the windows open and literally smell the morning flowers. In addition to the burning of the cane fields, rare, but you would rather be somewhere else!

There was a presence of gang activity influenced by the large influx of the Japanese. At the time the Hawaiian population was not pleased.
Not that Hawaii needed it, but big money speaks louder than tourism. By the time I left it didn’t seem like an island nation anymore, it became too commercialized.

It’s sickening that I heard that a parking lot was placed around the BlowHole and admission is required? Seriously, you need tickets❓

My first wife and I recreated the scene From Here to Eternity on that beach, TICKETS, I don’t think so!

4 Likes

Completely different scenario than what happened on the train by a person with 42 convictions, including violent crime, one of which he was out on bail for committing.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that described many of the bums who panhandled me.

1 Like

[Ouade5)

Hello, 911? There are two armed men breaking into my house!”

“How does that make you feel?”

“Actually it pisses me off ! But if you would be so kind as to send a Coroner’s Van and a couple of Body bags I’ll feel a lot better” oh and before you go do you have the number for he Crime scene clearner crew…I must have misplaced since the last incident…Thank you.

3 Likes

While this is disgusting, complaints and apathy are not going to improve our situation. Everybody needs to start thinking about how they can replace every Soros-backed DA in the country. They are all running the same game plan and they are are all partisan activists. Support for rational, sane DA’s needs to be cultivated at a scale large enough to flip those offices everywhere.

5 Likes

That’s all well and good Sir, but I believe it would take a complete change of Administration and arrests of meg-lo-manic Trillionaires that are doing the Devils bidding.

That’s just my take anyway.

4 Likes

Yes. It would be the inverse of the long march through the institutions. There’s a whole lot of regulatory bodies that are captured and corrupted. I didn’t say it would be short or easy. But the alternative is letting them tyrannize you. I don’t like the first strategy, but I like it infinitely more than the second.

5 Likes

Republican politicians are responsible for this mess. During the Bush administration. President Bush was funded and supported by the Koch Brothers, mega billionaire donors. To receive more political donations Republican groups sued and won the Citizens United case before the Supreme Court. This opened the door for massive donations. Unfortunately, Democrats have more big donors. Thank Republicans for this.

Just remember, long term consequences over short term gains.

5 Likes

Not the story you gave prior.

There is NO difference My Brother!
They are ALL fully CORRUPTED !
They wipe each other’s A–'s
They probably say "OK, Its YOUR turn to be the bad guy and
take one for ‘The TEAM’, we wil be the bad guy’s next week…

As a wise friend once said : “F–k it all! Wipe it Clean!”

(Hello mr. Feebie! I hope you are enjoying the dialogue ?)

2 Likes

I’m not a big believer in blame-one-person politics, as if the Koch Brothers or George Soros were Emperor Palpatine controlling the government with the dark side of the force.

But if half the stories about Soros were true, then I would have to question whether he was really a puppet-master, or if he was really a puppet. After all, the stories go, he is banned in multiple nations. Perhaps his money is the only thing keeping him from extradition. That would imply that the DNC is controlling him, not the other way around.

Again, I’m not into the conspiracy theories.

2 Likes

HE IS the PUPPET MASTER Sir.

Think of him (and others) as John Wicks “HIGH TABLE” There is no one above the high table.
But there is all the rest of us UNDER the table…that’s how the script goes anywayl

3 Likes

I’m not stating a conspiracy. That is how big money from individuals and corporations came into play. Republicans opened a chest that should have never been opened. Let’s just pray that it’s Pandora’s Chest and Hope will come out eventually.

1 Like