Marijuana and Guns in Illinois

Looks North Side of Chicago has beaten Black Friday’s “line record” :joy:

[…]
About 500 people were outside Dispensary 33 in Chicago to make the first legal purchase in the shop shortly after 6 a.m., the earliest that Illinois’ new law allowed such sales.
[…]
Local News

3 Likes

I wonder how many people didn’t consider that. I’ve already talked to my kids since we’re only 1.5 hours from the boarder of IL and don’t want them losing their rights.

3 Likes

I don’t see any politicians in that pic, forcing MJ into the mouths of constituents. I can’t blame the pols for so many folks having insatiable appetite for drugs, and willing to trade their constitutional rights for it. Of course the effect will be massive addition of records to NICS.

1 Like

Then you missed it, The large man in short sleeve plaid shirt is our Billionaire Governor JB PRITZKER

2 Likes

@Dawn Our ISRA is warning this morning people tricked into using medicinal marijuana this is Illinois and are stating that if you are caught crossing out of Illinois with marijuana medical or recreational with firearms well you have just become a Felon, liberal judges in our state love nothing more than to take second amendment rights away from Illinois citizens. Maybe I am over skeptical of political beings but before this law, I bought a nice car, used but I stopped by the Police station offered to pay for the drug dogs time but asked the lady in the window I presume she was a dispatcher or receptionist, not sure but I asked if an officer could take the drug dog out to my car and sniff it out or whatever the proper terminology is, they accommodated me and it was clean. Maybe that’s over thinking something but I don’t trust any politician of either party and I trust Republicans more but they all need to be kept on a leash in my view.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that was your Governor, @Robert8! That meme takes on a whole new level with that knowledge.

3 Likes

@Dawn yes it’sBillionaire JB Pritzker he owns the the Hyatt Hotel Hospitality Corporation
And yes it does Entirely different meaning

1 Like

I know you and your family and for that matter all the wonderful people at the USCCA are like only a slingshot away

1 Like

So I couldn’t confirm from the news on Jan 1 in IL… do they require ID? There’s mention about tracking from suippliuer down to the customer, but the customer tracking info was not very clear. I thought requiring an ID was racist?

I’m also curious… is it now legal for people to grow their own for personal use?

1 Like

Robert is one of the few people in IL who refer to the governor by his christian name :innocent:

3 Likes

@Scotty, hopefully these will answer your questions:

What identification do I need to buy cannabis in Illinois after Jan. 1?
Unlike the medical marijuana program, just a driver’s license will do, but it has to be unaltered, and if the dispensary doesn’t like it, they can turn it down.

How much cannabis can I have?
Illinois residents can have:

• 30 grams of cannabis flower (the leafy stuff)

• 5 grams of cannabis concentrate

• 500 milligrams of THC-infused products (edibles). A container of gummies, for example, contains 10 gummies at 10 mg each. So am entire container is 100 mg. The law allows you to purchase 5 of them.

Non-Illinois residents can possess half of these amounts.

Will dispensaries store my information when I give them my ID to purchase marijuana?
Dispensaries will be required to use electronic readers to scan and verify the validity of the consumer’s government-issued identification, which must prove the consumer is at least 21 years old. State law prohibits the information on the identification from being retained, used, shared, or disclosed.

So think of showing your ID at the door like you do when entering a bar. The location takes an image of your driver’s license for their own protection, to make sure they carded you.

Showing your ID at Point of Sale is to:

• Confirm whether you are a resident or non-resident to determine how much you can purchase. You may be asked if you want to enter their database, which is for future promotional marketing.

What if I want to grow just a little bit?
You can’t, unless you are a medical patient, and then, you can only have five plants and they must be in an enclosed space. There is a provision for craft growers. Those are smaller cultivators of 5,000 square feet. If you want to try that, you’ll be asked to file a $5,000 application fee and a $40,000 license fee.

3 Likes

All this stuff Gentlemen, I know THC is the chemical composition for Pot, but it’s about all I know. Aren’t you guys a little leary about talking about a drug on a sort of semi-open forum? I’m sure USCCA will do its best to protect any of us with all we say and I’m always apprehensive about the government zooming in anywhere to encroach and use things against us if they think we have or know too much, or our 1st Amendment rights and to use something against us for 2nd Amendment. I don’t know, after Virginia, after Hurricane Katrina, and I was in New Orleans after Katrina to help out I was embalming the dead, doing what I could there. The Army National Guard confiscated lots of guns and to my knowledge didn’t give people receipts. I’m always apprehensive about government because they think they’re slick and mighty but they usually are caught in their lies. Anyway I’m just talking and do not trust the “Good Intentions” of Uncle Sugar. And because I’m from Chicago I know there’s always a price for any favors that take place. Mr Pritzker is not a nice man, I guess that why more often than not is why our Governors serve time in Prison after their tenure as IL Governor.

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t partake in the stuff, although I don’t judge people that do. I just want to know the laws, especially if I find myself around those that aren’t following them. I also have a vested interest in keeping up with the economic changes within IL.

Last, my interest is spurred by potential benefits to cancer patients and veterans suffering from PTSD. I’ve lost a few friends from cancer, and have a few who have been battling it for the last few years. I would like to see more research in that area, and hope that one of the benefits of the legalization might lead to a better understanding of the benefits (and negative side effects), particularly related to autophagy: “Cannabinoid action induces autophagy-mediated cell death through stimulation of ER stress in human glioma cells”.

2 Likes

Come to Missouri we love 2A voters.

2 Likes

@Michael7 We may now Mike My old friend of 53 years has his wife sortakinda pressuring him to go to Ohio close to her kids. So it’s a definite maybe Sir !
Maybe more discussion now and her new job. I’m retired now since 1/1/2016 and happy to be away from the death care business. :grin:

1 Like

I missed it. My brain is still struggling to process this bit of information. So, he is down with the peeps, smoking a joint.
What does employee handbook for Hyatt say about drugs?

1 Like

@Alexander8. I’m not sure Alex, I’m not a fan. I think he’s less than honorable to tell you the truth. He has so much, God has been so good to the man. I have heard from my friend whose daughter works for Hilton that Mr JB PRITZKER is an a*s and he is cheap as anything. He has a beautiful condo on North lake shore drive off the Magnificent Mile and he pays $100 in taxes per year and his Association fees are Comp’d because he’s the Gov. What he has done is rip the toilets out of his condo and had it deemed Uninhabitable because no toilet.
He lives like a wild dog from different accounts. And he has a “Brother” lives as a woman before it was Cool, his/name is
Anthony but lives as “Penny” Penelope Pritzker. So I don’t know if the lunatic Governor has an employee’s handbook there Alexander

3 Likes