Malfunction clearing in the thick of it

No worries, I did see entire video. You’re right, she was solid while moving towards the rear of the vehicle. She had great stability and form. Let me rephrase. She never lost her center of gravity while in a backwards motion. Let’s just say, if that were me, overweight, hearing loss, over sixty and out of my 20 year old shape, I would probably be on my ass. I don’t practice running backwards anymore. Probably should!
A lot of people I see on the range are leaning back as opposed to leaning into the shot. Hence shooting while on their heels.

1 Like

For the situation she did great. Things hurt and it takes a while to bleed out. Not to mention any drugs or simple adrenaline that the guy had in his veins. Only in movies do people go down with one shot. Bonus points for being able to clear it in the thick of things.

1 Like

Another perspective from the media.

2 Likes

ASP got their hands on the video too.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that wasn’t a hit piece from the media with the atmosphere we’re living under right now. Not 100% accurate, but definitely not an anti-LEO article. Kudos to the author.

1 Like

Awesome breakdown!

1 Like

The tweet from the Police Department has several comments on it like “she didnt need to shoot him so much” and “why didn’t she stay in the car where its safe” and “why not use a taser”. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Why don’t the cops just stay home? They would all be safe. Safe from politicians, safe from knife wielding good guys. Maybe the next time they should send out a social services employee unarmed to sit in their vehicle and talk down a deranged killer. I want to see that video. All the rapists and murderers would be safe also. If this is what a city calls support for law enforcement, then my recommendation is cops should all call in sick. There is nothing in theses cities worth saving. If there was a way, I would immediately stop paying for politicians private security. Why is there no grass roots movement to stop this insanity. What’s the point of being law abiding? IMHO it’s time for the feds to rendition these fools and put an end to the violence. I don’t have a problem with free expression, but outright violence, that needs to stop. What kind of example are we setting for children. They are being taught that disrespect is ok!

4 Likes

I tried to have this same discussion with an internet buddy the other day. They didn’t even want any facts, actual videos, etc. That’s what we’re up against.

3 Likes

The involved deputy did well. She is alive, her assailant is not. That is a WIN. Of course, there were and will be idiot comments from the left field bleachers. Internet bloviators can sound off in all directions from the comfort of their Mom’s basement or office cubicle. Brave as hell, with that digital firewall keeping the real world at a safe distance.

Good on ya, ma’am. Job well done. You are still with us, and that thug bastard is not.

3 Likes

1984 I was training in California and one of the lessons talked about was a guy being shot 93 times before becoming incapacitated, then later he died at the Hospital. He was high on PCP.

1 Like

Yessir.