Majority of American households own guns

These numbers are from significantly left leaning pollsters so the anti self defense crowd can’t claim surveyor bias.

The numbers don’t include the likely significant number of polled people and those who avoid polls who would never tell a stranger they have firearms in their home.

Also shows the significant number of Democrats who are exercising their right to self defense. Someone needs to find some pro 2A candidates who can draw in some of their votes. And maybe we should try to be a little more welcoming to firearm owners with left leaning views so they can feel comfortable joining in on the discussion? There seem to be a lot of people on the left who could benefit from the topics we discuss here.

17 Likes

Makes me wonder what the polling looked like before the summer of love.

12 Likes

In the US there are over 365M “registered firearms”. That is roughly 124 firearms for every 100 people. Expressed differently, the US outguns the totality of the rest of the world by a margin of 6 :1.

13 Likes

The numbers are up 10% in the past 10 years. I wouldn’t be surprised if significant portion of that came in the past couple of years.

9 Likes

Though if you were to poll the members of this forum you would determine that those firearms aren’t very evenly distributed amongst those 100 people. For many gun owners it’s like potato chips, it’s hard to have just one:)

12 Likes

In your 100 person sample group, if there are 50 that do not own a firearm then the other 50 have 2X the “average”. If, in your group of 100 you are the sole gun owner, then statistically you need a larger gun safe for Christmas. Stay tuned for more “maths” fun.

14 Likes

Indeed.

6 Likes

Makes me wonder where those 81 million votes came from

10 Likes

The bigger question is how many millions of eligible voters were too lazy to vote or otherwise engage in the political system that has turned against the governed.

6 Likes

I’ve seen commentary from political pundits that gun-control is such a non-issue that anti-gun lobbyists in the last election (a couple states) were running ads for Dems but focused around things like abortion and “radical MAGA” instead of guns. Then they’d add “and oh by the way, they’re for gun safety too”.

One example is here where Everytown For Gun Safety bought ads against a conservative candidate.

The ad ties Kelly to a “radical anti-abortion group,” claims he “opposed background checks on all gun sales” and points out a 2017 decision it says made “it easier for dangerous people to carry guns in public.”

Banning abortion. Putting our communities at risk. Dan Kelly is too extreme for our Supreme Court,” the narrator adds.

The tactic was politically successful. All those Bloomberg bucks got their candidates elected, just in a roundabout way. Those politicians will then of course vote for anti-gun policies regardless of how their constituents feel.

10 Likes

Is it possible that a couple of well known concepts are actually making more sense to more people?
Like:
When Seconds Count the police are minutes away.
Or
Gun laws only effect law abiding citizens.
Or maybe even
You are responsible for your own safety.

13 Likes

I LOVE Potato Chips! ( Justa Sayin)’ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Every mans nightmare is that he dies before his wife and she sells his guns at the price he told her he spent!

16 Likes

TRUTH! Somebody may get the deal of a lifetime if I go first! My M&P for $200! etc. Oh Lord will she kick my ass in Heaven!

Welcome N_Kevin My new Brother! Excellent first post!

WWG1WGA
No steppa ona Snek–a!

5 Likes

It’s also the “known” firearms, and God knows where that number came from.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @N_Kevin

Suspect that is a concern of many:)

I’m fortunate in that my little “arsenal” has been paid for with luck as much as dollars. I’m hoping I’m able to pass on my collection to my son but my wife shouldn’t have a hard time getting more than I paid for them unless the government decides to steal them all first:(

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @N_Kevin

1 Like

@N_Kevin Welcome to the community, :rofl: yes, quite a nightmare $$$$$! :rofl:

1 Like

Unless all the hammers/strikers are missing. :grinning:

1 Like

@Karacal OoooooH!!! That would be sooooo funny when getting to the range and CLICK, CLICK, CLICK. WTF!!! :astonished: :rage: :sob: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes