Largest-Ever Survey of Gun Owners Finds Diversity Increasing, Carrying Common, and More Than 1.6 Million Defensive Uses Per Year

The National Firearms Survey, conducted in 2021 and updated earlier this year, examines the breadth of gun ownership and the use of guns throughout the country. It found more minorities and women own guns than previous surveys indicated, half of gun owners report carrying a handgun for self-defense, and nearly a third report having used a firearm to defend themselves–a number that translates to over 1.6 million defensive uses per year. Read more on The Reload:

14 Likes

Sorry, but wrong.
100 percent white male NRA members…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just kidding, and love the diversity. It was absolutely phenomenal this year when our democrat governor had a 53 page “commonsenseguncontrol” proposal to watch people of various races and both sexes get airtime to let him know that he was going to lose a lot of support due to his proposed actions. I guarantee the commies in charge paid way more attention to the black and Latina women than they did to the folks like me.

Based on your recent pic (person in a wetsuit, cannot assume gender these days :sunglasses:), who would have guessed you were not a black Latina… :sunglasses:

1 Like
2 Likes

There is alot of diversity at our local ranges.
I have no problem with it. In fact it seems to bring people together.
I have had pleasant conversations with people from all walks, just a common interest.

2 Likes