2 Likes

2 Likes

None of the rings move

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

If it hasn’t been suggested yet I would chamber a round without the bolt hitting is just push it in hard with your fingers and see if it gets stuck.

4 Likes

It racked a round first try into the chamber, I did the same thing again, it racked the round out, put a new round in, and the bolt is now stuck.

1 Like

Is the one that got stuck any longer?

2 rounds on the right cycled okay, one on the left locked the bolt.

2 Likes

Something like this might be beneficial for checking the ammunition. It should pick up any dimension that’s not in spec.

Length could be an issue. Diameter of the case or diameter of the bullet could be an issue as well.

I still think trying a different brand of ammunition is the cheapest and best way to proceed. Preferably a reputable brand made in the USA. If it’s flawless with different ammunition then you know the imported stuff is not happy in your rifle.

4 Likes

I tried to ask this in post #23 and we haven’t gotten an answer yet.

My money is betting on slightly out of spec ammunition. It’s close enough to chamber but hard extracting when not fired. Lots of brass flakes visible in the photos. Although, That could just be indicative of a carbine gas system set up to run anything it’s fed and still be reliable.

2 Likes

5.56 has less taper in the cartridge than 7.62x39 so it has the potential to produce better accuracy. The better the cartridge fits in the chamber the better everything is aligned and the better accuracy potential you have.

7.62x39 has plenty of taper designed into it. This promotes reliable feeding in dirty or sandy conditions. It’s great for reliable functioning at the cost of lost accuracy potential. It also works well with steel case

Ammunition and just about anything made with the correct head stamp will be completely reliable most of the time. I have no qualms with the cheapest steel case or imported from wherever for it. The AR on the other hand appreciates better quality ammunition in my experience.

2 Likes

The only other thing besides all the others stated, I would check is the barrel nut, people have reported getting their APF brand new and the barrel but was loose.
Hth

3 Likes

Charging handle looks good, bolt face needs work, but that wouldn’t cause a lockup.
However the next time it locks up I would recommend the “mortar” approach to releasing the BCG and the stuck round. Might also want to consider doing this on a range with an RSO present. He may be able to assist in the reason and the possibility of a resolution without the expense of a smith!

A good cleaning, a good lube job and some good ammo and you may have your own solution. Obviously these are no weapons of war! The liberals should be made aware of this. Maybe someday I could get my hands on an actual battlefield rifle! One that never locks up in the face of the enemy!

2 Likes

Let me get an Amen!

2 Likes

How do I check that?

1 Like

Remove the handguard, it’s the nut connecting the barrel to the upper receiver.
Hth

1 Like

Another thing you might want to check, but it’s doubtful, is the gas key on the BCG lining up with the gas tub.
Hth

2 Likes