Lite rack or ez

Yeah I discount the bare gel test because chances of shoot a naked bad guy are fairly slim. :laughing:

3 Likes

IMG_2021

1 Like

But also, nothing but a tshirt is a lot closer to bare skin, I reckon, than 4 layers of denim

2 Likes

My wife bought the Ruger Security 380 lite rack. I am very impressed with her 380. It’s not a tiny gun & it has a very nice trigger plus a big fiber front. It’s a very nice shooter & YES I am aware of my fat thumb pressing on the end of the barrel. It keeps the good air from escaping

5 Likes

The biggest variable with .380 ammo is the length of the barrel moreso than the type or brand, especially with regards to penetration and expansion. Basically, any barrel shorter than 3" will produce results that are rather uninspiring.

3 Likes

For yout Security 9, you could probably swap out the recoil spring for one with a lower compression weight which would make it easier to rack. The drawback is that it may not have enough recoil to cycle the slide if the ammo you’re using is underpowered.

You can alo choose a gun that’ naturally easy to rack.I found that all the HK’s are easy to rack as are many of the Walthers. The Walther PK380 and CCP 380 are both easy to rack and with longer barrels, you’ll be getting better results from your defensive ammo. They won’t be as concealable as a Security 380 but I find that an acceptable trade-off.

The only Walther I would steer clear of is the PPK which many people buy but only because James Bond used one.

1 Like

There have been a bunch of tests with .380 Federal Hydra-Shok Deep from 2.7 inch barrels. They may not be as inspiring as 9mm Federal HST but they do show reliable penetration and expansion that meets the FBI standards.

2 Likes