Likes on comments

Someone please explain the limitation on daily likes and how they’re regulated for me. I haven’t been able to find anything that explains this to me as a new kid on the block. Thanks.

4 Likes

I think there is no regulation for LIKES. You just give LIKE if you like the post. You receive the LIKE is someone else likes your post. That’s it.
I believe you can be awarded with BADGE based on how many likes you get.

If you have not done this before, I encourage you to read these threads to fully understand Community idea:

:+1:

3 Likes

I guess I’ve over done it today. I keep getting a message that I’ve exceeded my allowance and to try back in X hours. That’s why I’m wondering. I’ve read the introductory stuff.

2 Likes

:thinking: :grimacing: :lying_face:
That’s interesting. So either I’ve missed something or @Dawn missed to mention it in “User Guide” :slightly_smiling_face:

Houston… I mean @Dawn, we have a problem…

6 Likes

@Michael554… I’d like to write that you are a "liker "… but such word does not exist… and to be honest I have no idea how to call the person who likes a lot… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes: :grimacing:

Anyway… you like the posts a lot :joy:

5 Likes

I guess. Most were in folks introductions.

1 Like

There are limits for each trust level of the program Discourse (that is the program that the community runs on). I think I read it once but to be honest I dont remember where to find it.

Ill look around but Dawn may very well beat me to it.

Don

edited to correct program name

2 Likes

Now it seems to be letting me again. Maybe things just cycled to a new period. I dunno. Thanks for the response.

1 Like

So perhaps it’s only “frequency” limitation…

1 Like

Spoke to soon. Just stopped me again. Maybe it’s time to shut down for the evening. Lol.

3 Likes

Let’s wait for @Dawn. She will get us good explanation.

I found it… i just saw it yesterday because I went up a level

It looks like there is a daily “like” limit, because it goes up at the member level

3 Likes

It is a per day limit but i dont know if it is a 24 hour thing or a reset at a certain time thing. I am looking for the link that explains it but it is hiding on me at the moment

1 Like

That was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Don

1 Like

But way to put that work in @Michael554, slogging through the boards reading posts! Here’s a “like” for you for that brother! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. That helps explain the concept, if not what the cap is. Big help. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yeah i dont know if the cap is published anyplace, I do know it was changed a few times in the early days as we found out the out of the box limit was too small

1 Like

Welcome to the USCCA community. I believe when you are a newer member of the community there are a number of controls in place that throttle your initial posting privileges that auto leave after a certain time as a member of the community.

However, I am not a moderator for this forum nor do I play one on TV. I also did not sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

2 Likes

@Jerzees, it’s 200 a day, but stretched out through out the day.

2 Likes

@Michael554, you sound like a very likeable guy! :slight_smile:

1 Like