Let's see your new gun!

Both are .45s. The other is a 1971 cartridge conversion of a 1860 Army. I have a thing for old Cowboy guns and good leather. :heart::heart:

17 Likes

Those are some relics that are in great shape brother @Enzo_T

4 Likes

Thanks but not relics. They are modern clones made in Italy that are of same or in most cases better quality than the originals. Modern manufacturing and better steels and heat treating make shooting these replicas easier/safer and you don’t run the chance of ruining priceless antiques.

They are definitely not cheap but they are thousands less than originals if you could even find one in this shape. And since I carry and shoot these I don’t mind putting wear on these as opposed to having the real ones as a safe queen.

Cowboy guns are a passion of mine.

Slight correction. The cowboy revolvers and the Winchester 1876 full stock Centennial lever action are Italian clones. The Centennial is a copy of the gun Tom Selleck used in the movie Crossfire Trail.

His:
IMG_6346

Mine:

I’m a big fan so I had a saddle built for me years ago using his saddle from Quigley Down Under as a model. Oh yes, also got the hat. And yes, I ride and used to train horses as a business a few years back.

There’s also a Ruger Single Six in one of the shots which is an original Single Six from the pre-convertible era and it was made in 1958. The trapdoors are both originals with the full stock rifle being a late 1800s Model of 1884 and the carbine (below pics) is a mid 70s H&R highly embellished commemorative of the Custer battle. It was a run of less than 300 guns each individually serialed and dedicated in the engraving by name to one of the soldiers that died in the massacre.

14 Likes

You have some nice-looking guns.

4 Likes

Thanks! I love collecting them.

4 Likes

This is not my thing, but very cool and fascinating to learn about. Great looking stuff!

5 Likes

Y’all are making me sad that I don’t have the money around these days to buy anything to post here. There are a couple Smith & Wesson revolvers I really need to get, plus, it’s past time I had a proper 1911. My wife needs a new revolver as well. :slightly_frowning_face:

ETA, oh, I forgot the new shotgun I need…

7 Likes

I have a bunch of friends that are buying the new Tisa GI 1911 and a few gunsmiths I know AND TRUST are giving them a thumbs up. At $329they are a steal for an all steel gun and that price will not last. Might be worth looking at one of those if you 0need” a 1911. God only knows I’ve had my credit card out about 10 times already and somehow managed to stop myself short of checking out, because don’t need any more 1911s!!!

6 Likes

Okay, I checked it out. It looks good. Having said that, it’s Turkish. While i realize that Turkey is an old ally of ours, and I have no issue with the Turks, I have a bit of a personal preference to only ever buy US made guns, and particularly those made by US founded and based companies. Thanks for the reference, though. It does look like a great classic 1911.

3 Likes

My Aero Precision 350 Legend I built for hog hunting in Georgia and deer hunting up here in WI as well as in GA when I was down there.

18 Likes

Hello and welcome @Jason322

3 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, what is the Blue optic that appears to be off to the side?

3 Likes

Holosun 507c?

4 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Jason322 and BTW nice piece of hardware.

6 Likes

Welcome, @Jason322 ! Very nice build!

Looks like 3ple redundant sights mounted, a scope with magnification on QD mount, a reflex sight, angle mounted, for quick looks, and iron sights.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Jason322

Looks capable of putting meat on the table!

4 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

That is my Holosun on a 45 deg offset for anything 50m below.

5 Likes

Correct, it is the 507c.

3 Likes