Let’s talk 1911s, whatcha got, whatcha want?

I own a Rock Island Armory M1911 A1 FS - TACT.II that I just love! I’m more accurate with it than with my Glock 30 .45cal. I keep looking at more 1911s, like the Sig 1911 We The People and the Colt CQBP M45A1, both of which I will probably own soon because I just want them. I also like the looks of the Cabot Arms 1911 Charley, but can’t get over the approx $5000 price tag. Seems ridiculous to charge that much for a 1911 when there are so many great ones already out there! Anyway, I can see a 1911 collection in the offing at my home! They are such great weapons!

1 Like

^^^ this is quite reason enough, I think :grin:
My hubby loves the 1911s, his race guns are all custom-built’s on that frame. But… there’s plenty of Glockage in the safe too, and that’s where we usually go for carry.
Welcome to the group!

1 Like

Thanks, Zee! Appreciate the response and the warm welcome! Agree 100% about the Glocks for carry, but I often carry the 1911, too, just because I like it so well. Usually I don’t carry both at the same time, though! lol Unless I’m headed to the range, then all bets are off. I bristle with weapons! lol

2 Likes

:grin::laughing:
@Nancy, you and I can be friends :grin:

My range friends: That’s a really big range bag…
Me: … well, I can’t actually lift the safe.

My range friends: How many guns did you bring?!?
Me: … um… Yes.

My range friends: Do you have any extra [insert type of ammo here]?
Me: One box or two?

My non-range friends: (trying to open something) Anyone have a knife?
Me: (whipping out the big Benchmark TSEK) sure, here you go.
My non-range friends: Woah…

:rofl:

2 Likes

I post posted about Dan Wesson’s Bruin back in February (which still has a place in my heart) but this beauty caught my eye…

Nighthawk Firehawk
:heart_eyes:
For $4000 it better also load, shoot and clean itself! Looks aren’t everything beautiful! :rofl:

5 Likes

rotfl I love it! I think I love YOU!!! lol

2 Likes

@Kelly that’s a beauty! Where did you find it?

2 Likes

@Zee I have several Benchmarks, too. Greeat knives! You’re well prepared in my boggledy eyes! All the right stuff!

1 Like

@Nancy :grin: I feel a girls day at the range commin’ on :grin:
I’m a Missouri girl, but I work mostly in Michigan right now. how about you?

@Zee Wouldn’t that be awesome if we could all get together and go to the range?! How fun! I was born in Texas, raised mostly in Florida, served in the Navy for 21 years, now I’m back in Florida. So I guess I’m mostly a Florida gal, with Texas as my basis. I’m seriously thinking I should buy the Colt M45-A1 CQBP tomorrow and spend some time at the range before I run off to Virginia for a family get-together for a long weekend (Weds-Sun). I’ve been lusting after the CQBP since I saw it, and I don’t think I can hold back much longer. Besides, I just got the finest little S&W M&P .380 Shield EZ for my backup carry, and I definitely need some practice on it. Heck, who needs an excuse to go to the range??? It’s a day ending in y – time to go shooting! I’m also thinking of trying out the new Sig P365 9mm while I’m there. I’ve heard some really great things about that gun. If I carry a backup to my backup, where do you think I should carry the backup’s backup? lol These are definitely problems to be thought about carefully and with all due seriousness!!! :cowboy_hat_face::heart_eyes:

Which guns do you plan to take to the range?

2 Likes

@Nancy I love your shopping list :heart_eyes:
Currently my Canik TP9SFX is getting most of the love. It’s challenging me to shoot better because it need better form and control or it won’t feed. Stovepipes the moment I soften my recoil management even a little. I think the spring probably need a loop taken out, but right now its teaching me with immediate feedback on grip and position and I’m getting a ton of practice on my failure drills.:rofl: :+1: besides, my hubby shoots it without an issue so it’s not the gun.
I’ve started going to some IDPA and IPSC practice days … Sunday I shot best time of the training group on several stages despite having to clear malfunctions so it must be working! Training opportunities are everywhere! :grin:
My ever reliable Ruger P89 9mm and my always favorite Glock G21 .45 usually go too, just in case I get a wild hair to shoot more things :blush:
Picking up the new EDC Glock G30 next week, so I’m sure I’ll be all bug eyed about that too :rofl:
BTW, I come from a military family, and thank you for serving.

@Zee I like the sound of your Canik. I’ve not heard of that brand before, but I’ll be on the lookout for it now. I’ve had problems with too soft a grip on some of my guns, too, I just can’t remember which ones now! Think I had trouble with the G26 9mm, I think, because of a soft grip. Never had a problem with my 1911, though, or my G30 .45, so maybe I’m getting better! :smiley: :cowboy_hat_face:

I love my Glock 30 and know you will love yours, too. I put a flashlight/red dot combo on it and I really like that. It makes it a bit difficult to find a good holster, but I’m looking at Blue Line for that right now. I think they make a nice custom holster for whatever you want, and they have great holsters for women, which is not common! Anyway, I’ve been using my G30 for EDC a lot and it’s a great weapon. I carry it when I don’t feel like toting my 1911, but really they are so similar it’s not that big a deal. I just like to trade off on my EDC from time to time, as long as I’m proficient in whatever I’m carrying. I really want to hear how you like your G30! Please let me know! :cowboy_hat_face: :us:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m hyperventilating waiting for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Do you have a link for blueline? I haven’t decided if I’m going to accessorize, and I’ve got a stock holster for it but I may need an alternate if I bling it up.

It was featured in one of the gun mags, ‘On Target’ I believe. The magazine was featuring the new Wilson Combat 1911, the EDC X9L (Double stack 1911’s are always interesting). The firehawk had a pretty nice article. Plus it’s called a firehawk, which is epic in itself. :smile:

2 Likes

The Nighthawk Firehawks are awesome to shoot! Very little muzzle flip.

I used to have a couple of Wilsons, sold them and edc my Dan Wesson PMC in .38 Superb, and had a Springfiled RO customized. Now, I am trying to decide what 1911 I will get in .45 ACP…

2 Likes

I have no pix but will list what I have in order of preference:
(1) Kimber KHX Custom in 9MM-this was gifted to me
(2) SA Range Officer Champion in 9MM
(3) SA 1911 A1 Parkerized in .45
(4) SW E Series in stainless .45
I enjoy the heck out of my Kimber! Everyone I go shooting with prefers the Kimber.

2 Likes

@Zee Here’s the link for Blue Line: https://bluelinellc.com/ I say go for it and bling it up!!!

@Kelly Thanks for the scoop on the Canik, as well as the other 1911s. I’m learning so much here! It’s great!!!

1 Like

I have, and carry everyday, a Springfield MILSPEC 1911. I carried one in the military and am quite comfortable with it. I got a Springfield because that is what the dealer had in stock. I really don’t like polymer guns. It’s just a tool and while people always comment on how nice it is, at the end of the day I need to be able to use it in an emergency. I’ve had Sigs, Glocks, and M&P’s in various calibers but sold them all. None worked for me like my 1911.

3 Likes

@Zee I like the sound of your Canik. I’ve not heard of that brand before, but I’ll be on the lookout for it now. I’ve had problems with too soft a grip on some of my guns, too, I just can’t remember which ones now! Think I had trouble with the G26 9mm, I think, because of a soft grip. Never had a problem with my 1911, though, or my G30 .45, so maybe I’m getting better!

I love my Glock 30 and know you will love yours, too. I put a flashlight/red dot combo on it and I really like that. It makes it a bit difficult to find a good holster, but I’m looking at Blue Line for that right now. I think they make a nice custom holster for whatever you want, and they have great holsters for women, which is not common! Anyway, I’ve been using my G30 for EDC a lot and it’s a great weapon. I carry it when I don’t feel like toting my 1911, but really they are so similar it’s not that big a deal. I just like to trade off on my EDC from time to time, as long as I’m proficient in whatever I’m carrying. I really want to hear how you like your G30! Please let me know!

Nancy K. Clark
Commander, US Navy (ret)
In God We Trust

2 Likes

@Nancy got just a couple magazines through it so far… I look like this when I shoot it:
download
No issues, nice accuracy right out of the box.
Definitely feeling the recoil more than on its bigger brother, but not at all uncomfortable. More like a double espresso to the G21s latte with an extra shot.
Been carrying it since I picked it up a couple days ago, trying out the alien gear shapeshifter holster system. The cross draw appendix IWB works ok, doesn’t print, but being short waisted sucks for carry. :woman_facepalming:
Too muggy to try it in my usual corset holster… maybe I’ll do that tomorrow as I’ll be on the road all day.
I’ll take a look at Blue Line… I haven’t accessorized yet… sights, et.al. to come.

BTW, I see you’re retired Navy, thank you for serving! My brother and his wife both served in the Navy, and between my husband, his family and mine, we’ve got most of the service branches covered. Hope your Independence Day holiday has been excellent!

1 Like