Let’s talk 1911s, whatcha got, whatcha want?

This is my baby

2 Likes

I used to have a rock island 45. One of the sidearm I owned. But bad luck hit and it was stolen. Haven’t bought another one yet but planning it

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that @LaughingEvil!

I’m assuming you reported it stolen?

2 Likes

I won a Palmetto State Armory gift card from USCCA in 2017, and I used part of it to get one of their 1911. When I went to the gun shop, the owner said he was really surprised at how nice it is, and said he’s going to get one. They were $599 when I got it, but they don’t feel like a cheap 1911. I’ve never had an issue with it, and it’s one of the most fun guns I’ve shot!

5 Likes

IMG_20170226_164019_675

Dan Wesson, the Bruin. Why? Just because! :slight_smile: one day this will be in the collection! currently have a Ruger SR1911 and enjoy bringing it to the range. Never had a problem with it.

4 Likes

Dan Wesson has always put out some really great quality items. I had a .357 by Dan Wesson, it had I terchangable barrels, I had the 4”, 6”, and the 8”, I may have had a 12” barrel for it, was a long time ago. I so wish I still had that old wheel gun, it was one of my favorites

3 Likes

A flailed magwell, some Hi-Viz sights, oversized mag release and slide drop, a mirror polishing, maybe some internal work, polishing etc, and that gun just became a $1500.00 1911. She looks pretty as is though.

1 Like

Yes they have! I work at a gun counter and its definitely not every day a Dan Wesson comes in. But when one does, it spreads like wildfire and it becomes another must-have. Of course its always sold before it makes a mark. Haha. Your .357 with interchangeable barrels sounds neat! I could only imagine how great that musta been!

2 Likes

This is my baby Colt Combat Unit Rail Gun

5 Likes

Beautiful piece, how long is the barrel on that bad boy, it looks really long in the picture.

2 Likes

I know it does. Lol. It’s a standard 5” barrel though. That picture is very deceiving, but it’s one of my favorite ones. This pic is a little less deceptive

3 Likes

I see it now 2A_, it’s a beautiful piece for sure,you look proud as hell holding it too. Good for you brother. :sunglasses:

1 Like

A lot of great information here, Jerry Miculek is the man. Enjoy. :sunglasses:
3 Likes

I love my Rock Island 1911 commander

2 Likes

I have a iver johnson 1911 right now, not a huge fan of it… But im wanting to aquire a remington ultralight or a sig 1911…

2 Likes

I really want to check out one of the Dan Wesson 10mm 1911 models. This Bruin model is pretty slick looking though!

3 Likes

Any 10mm 1911 love? I got a chance to shoot a friend’s Colt Delta Elite 10mm and ever since have wanted one. Do any of you out there have experience with/own 10mm 1911 models?

3 Likes

Welcome @JBrockBaxter! That’s a perfect gun for the USCCA staff! :wink:

2 Likes

Right?! The Bruin is slick! That Colt must have been pretty awesome @JBrockBaxter! I don’t know why, but a 1911 in 10mm is just attractive.

2 Likes

Has anyone shot a Coonan 1911 in .357??

2 Likes