LEOSA Qualification

I wish all of you that protected and put your very LIVES ON THE LINE TO DEFEND EVERY ONE EVEN PEOPLE WHO HATE YOU AND ONLY CALL YOU WHEN THEY ARE IN NEED PLEASE MOVE TO TEXAS AND OUR GOVENOR AND A G :bangbang::chile: WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE RESPECT AND NEVER SIS HONOR YOU AND THE PEOPLE HERE WILL HAVE YOUR BACK WE BACK THE BLUE & all Frist Responders , WE HAVE YOUR BACK :bangbang::chile: DONT MESS WITH TEXAS :chile::bangbang::bangbang: AND THAT MEANS YOU ALL AS WELL LOVE BOBBY JEAN

3 Likes

I have left the chaos of my old work state and I believe Johhnq has done the same. I like to tell people I’ve left the hood for the woods. We’ve done our time and enjoy the non chaos associated with retirement. My wife does occasionally complain about the 25 mile drive to the store though, but I’m good. :shushing_face:

6 Likes

Now, they need to extend the same “privileges” to the rest of the civilians in the state.

5 Likes

There has been a few permits issued or so I’ve been told but it appears to be an exhausting, ever changing process. This realistically occurred sometime last month. NJ as well as NYC are not gun friendly states. I use to tell anyone going to NJ or NY to make sure there were no empty cartridges Ie: like an empty 22 cal. that may have gotten stuck in your shoe to check their vehicle. I use to sweep out my truck bed in the event there were any spent shotgun shells etc in it. It’s better than it was but still very controlled.

4 Likes

Hi. I am a retired LEO in PA. We are not required to get a state CCW permit for our LEOSA Permit. We need retired ID and we need a signed range certificate. The LEOSA Permit is signed off and issued by the County Sheriff. It is good for one year.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Timothy302 and thank you for your service sir.

4 Likes

Tim, although I was a NJ police officer I now live in PA and my NJ PD retired ID and PA’s blue card received after qualification is what I carry too. Be careful in non friendly states with magazine capacity and types of bullets. I’ve pretty much just limited it to 10 rd magazines with another with me. When I started it was 6 in the gun and 12 on the hip. Welcome brother and be safe. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

I believe NJ is the only state that bans HP ammo, though, somewhat ironically, polymer-filled HP is not considered HP in NJ law.

4 Likes

A few months back I posted something which was a letter from my union allowing HP. Prior to that, it was critical defense with the polymer tip. They also opened up concealed carry to non LEO. If I remember correctly there was restrictions in other states for armor piercing and Teflon coated bullets but don’t hold me to that.

2 Likes

The nonsequitur.

3 Likes

Hello, welcome, and thank you @Timothy302 :us:

4 Likes

I knew I saw it. It was SC the possession or sale of Teflon coated bullets.

4 Likes

Teflon coated bullets are mostly prohibited for civilians in all States. It’s not about the Teflon, which doesn’t do the bullet more dangerous or deadly. It’s about the bullet’s hard metal core that improves penetration against hardened targets. Because of the hard metal used, Teflon coating protects barrel’s rifling from faster wear.

4 Likes

Texas Department of public safety APROVE your CCW, Not a County SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT TEXAS SAYS :bangbang: IF YOU HAVE A PERMIT OUR SHERIFF IS REMOVED FROM OFFICE AND THE CONSTABLE IS IN HIS STED , Till our SHERIFF HAS HIS DAY IN COURT FOR AT LEAST FIVE CLASS,A , MISDEMEANORS, WITH OUT PAY ON BONDS THE STATE OF TEXAS SAYS IF YOU HAVE A CCW NOT A SHERIFF , THANK GOD :bangbang::chile:

1 Like

Thank you jerzy big help Bobby Jean

1 Like

By 1981, the bullets were made from brass instead of lead and were punching through some previously “untouchable” material but were ruining barrels. So they ingeniously decided to coat the bullets in Teflon to keep from washing out the rifling.

2 Likes

I remember back in the mid 1980s to mid 1990s you could find Black Talon bullets in most gun stores.

4 Likes

They were not Teflon, they had a Lubalox coating (an oxide to help prevent barrel wear), but the company decided to stop making them in 1993.

2 Likes

Gunbroker, $100

3 Likes

Gunbroker, $100

3 Likes